GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So......... greased all my zerks and learned that all my joints are leaking grease. Definitely need new tie rod ends. They seems to hold up fine but the covers are destroyed garbage. pitman/idler arms are also leaking. Please note I did not force too much grease into the joints. I only applied 1 squeeze and grease was coming out the covers.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Legend

I would not be too concerned about this grease coming out. all this means is you will need to grease these more often. where I live in the north east rust belt every 3-4 months a hit of grease. in california perhaps once/twice a year.

don't screw around with those tie rods because if they are worn get new ones. the other parts can have a little slop in them with no quick failures. tie rods are more of a problem. when they get loose they rapidly wear down and will pop off.

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    I would not be too concerned about this grease coming out. all this means is you will need to grease these more often. where I live in the north east rust belt every 3-4 months a hit of grease. in california perhaps once/twice a year.

don't screw around with those tie rods because if they are worn get new ones. the other parts can have a little slop in them with no quick failures. tie rods are more of a problem. when they get loose they rapidly wear down and will pop off.
    Noted. Mahalo.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123