GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Pallet table build

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	58881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	58882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	58883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	58884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.jpg 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	58885

Wel the wife was on her little pinterest website thing and came across some pallet "furniture". Me being the resourceless man that I am always burned pallets or used them to hold up my targets so when the wife said grab some, I knew I was in for it. Started this little project Monday afternoon just trying to pry the nails out before I had to go into work. That didn't happen so my wife being the genuii that she is just said to cut them along the boards on the said then worry about the nails. So I did that. Spent ALL tuesday after working Monday night, trying to pry the nails out and cut the boards. Had a rudimentary picture in my head of what I wanted this thing to look like so I threw that out the window and just winged it. Cut the boards that go across and the support boards to the length I wanted and figured out how high we wanted this thing to be. That quickly got changed by… you guessed it, my wife. So while she was at work and I have a day of sleep which I probably should have did, I got outside and started nailing the slats onto the actual frame. Woke up my downstairs neighbor with all the banging I think and he ran right up stairs with a 14.4V Makita and more drill bits than I care to even count and said lets get to drilling. Drilled and bolted the legs to the frame, he left, and now here I sit typing this up. Came out of this project with one smashed thumb, and one smashed toe… always wear shoes preferably steel toe when you stand the table up on its side and you have no where to go when it falls. Not much of a how-to kinda guy but I think this is kinda straightforward. No its not square but it doesn't wobble at all. Still gonna sand down the edges so when we eat on it we don't get splinters and such. Next week I think someone wants a corner table for her plants on the balcony so I'd just like to apologize in advance to any of my neighbors who I doubt are on here.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Riley nice work, Where's the beer not one in sight in those pictures. That has to be at least a 4 beer table. Are you sure it was your wife on Pinterest and not you? Ha!
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Jr. Engineer

Nice write,,,,,uuuummm,,,thaaaaaatttss,,, well ,,,its!! WHAT HE SAID!! Don't see a beer one!
    Its really a nice table, wouldn't mind seeing how it comes out after its had some time with a sander!

Gave it about 5 minutes with a rotary sander earlier just on the edges and where there are some rough splinters. Gonna work on it and sand more of it down this weekend. Gonna do the underside where our knees go under and haven't decided what color to paint it yet. Wife wants something bright to go with her pink adirondack chairs. The dog likes it already as she has chewed on it a bit. Fits nicely and should give me a nice little area to clean fish ;).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and as for the beerless table, yeah… I ran out and didn't buy anymore. Can't drink right now anyway as I have work at 1045