GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I used to live in Tulsa, ok near Steve's neck of the woods
    Chuckie!!!

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    I've not been to any off-road event in CO

Me neither. I mostly off-road with my wife but will occasionally head out with some friends. Nothing in the terms of organized by any means.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Me neither. I mostly off-road with my wife but will occasionally head out with some friends. Nothing in the terms of organized by any means.
    im not entirely sure where to find any trails around here. When I get the suburban going I'm going to head up in to the mountains and see what I can find
    Chuckie!!!

Lots of trails around there, a forest service map is always good for your immediate area. There are several books w/maps on Colo. trails, "Colorado Backroads & 4 Wheel dr. Trails" is just one - and it's available from Amazon. Also read up on the narrow gauge railroads in that area, a few of the old right of ways are now forest service or other roads. Lot's of trails in western Utah also. Moab isn't even that far - 4 wheelin' "heaven" there - been to the Easter jeep safari 6 times myself & I REALLY want to go again. ( not likely to happen however) KEN

Quote Originally Posted by grampy View Post
    Lots of trails around there, a forest service map is always good for your immediate area. There are several books w/maps on Colo. trails, "Colorado Backroads & 4 Wheel dr. Trails" is just one - and it's available from Amazon. Also read up on the narrow gauge railroads in that area, a few of the old right of ways are now forest service or other roads. Lot's of trails in western Utah also. Moab isn't even that far - 4 wheelin' "heaven" there - been to the Easter jeep safari 6 times myself & I REALLY want to go again. ( not likely to happen however) KEN
    thanks I'll check it out.
    Chuckie!!!

Forgot one good resource - There should be a BLM office close by, maybe Cortez ? They have maps of the BLM lands and lots of those roads are public.

Forgot one good resource - There should be a BLM office close by, maybe Cortez ? They have maps of the BLM lands and lots of those roads are public.
    blm? Is that perhaps the welcome center?
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    blm? Is that perhaps the welcome center?
    " Bureau of Land Management " - administers federal lands.

" Bureau of Land Management " - administers federal lands.
    oh ok. :banghead: it's been a long day lol
    Chuckie!!!

You guys have some good range there to play in, its very flat here in Oklahoma, you can have a blast there Burban.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast