GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Default Where's the best website to run a research the 1990 trucks VIN.

I'm trying to dig up some of the history on my 1990 Silverado. Anyone find any particular good site to do research ? CarFax wasn't all that great. Thank you !

You could use a vin decoder website and an rpo database website. the vin should give you the make/model/year, damage reports (may have to pay), mileage, number of owners, etc. The rpo database will tell you what options your truck came with.

3. Likes JTWard liked this post
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Great, How do I find them ? Thank you !

Put your vin into here: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php . It used to be unlimited free usage. Now you only get a free 24 hour demo. I just printed the results and copy and pasted them into a word document for my truck so I will always have them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

for the rpo codes, you can use the same site I believe. Maybe not. I use this one for rpo codes. http://www.rpocodes.com/ Takes forever but they are accurate. If you google "rpo decoder", you can usually find several sites that will allow you to put them all in at once.

the site I listed gives all the rpo codes that the truck left the factory with. It does it all in one shot, so you do not have to enter them all individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    the site I listed gives all the rpo codes that the truck left the factory with. It does it all in one shot, so you do not have to enter them all individually.
    well there ya go. I used to use lonestarthunder (?) but they sold the domain name.