GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default George Zimmerman pulled over in Texas - packing heat in an Avalanche or Ridgeline?

Just say that GZ was pulled over in Texas over the weekend, he was packing heat and told the cop that he had a gun in the glove box. But, I can't see the video clearly enough. Is that a Chevy Avalanche that he's driving or a Honda Ridgeline? Any of you Avalanche owners confirm or deny this? It looks very dark, hard to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, I came across some other websites where people say that it's a 2008 Honda Ridgeline.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I'd be packing heat thru Texas also.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

That is a Honda Ridgeline - the supreme wanna-be of trucks.

Also, WTF is the cop doing at the very beginning? Can he not get radio reception?? LOL
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

There's a heat advisory in Texas today ... and it's got nothing to do with the weather. lol.

Actually, high today of 103F but it feels like 113F due to the humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    There's a heat advisory in Texas today ... and it's got nothing to do with the weather. lol.

Actually, high today of 103F but it feels like 113F due to the humidity.
    Humidity??? From what? This ain't Houston!

Weather.gov shows DFW to be around 45% humidity today - that's half of what is normal in H-town!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Humidity??? From what? This ain't Houston!

Weather.gov shows DFW to be around 45% humidity today - that's half of what is normal in H-town!
    But other parts of the country that get over 100F on a regular basis are about 10-15% humidity, that's why they have the extra heat advisory.

That is definitely a Ridgeline.

Since I imagine the Black Panthers want GZ dead, I would be packing heat as well.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I wasn't too far away from him I guess on Sunday. I drove in around 3 PM on I-20 through Forney, and he was just a couple of miles north of me on Hwy 80.

I have half a mind to drive up there and post a sign declaring Hwy 80 the Firearms Freedom Mile and put a sign up welcoming Mr. Zimmerman to Texas.
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 08-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.

9. Likes McClintoc liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I have have a mind to drive up there and post a sign declaring Hwy 80 the Firearms Freedom Mile and put a sign up welcoming Mr. Zimmerman to Texas.
    BAHAHAHA!

11. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post
    Master Mechanic

I feel bad for him. No matter what we all thought of the trial, Zimmerman will be watched until the day he dies. Days after the trial he pulled an injured couple from a wrecked truck but that was not headline news, but his speeding came across my CNN news app?
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

13. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by