GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    Default

    What gets me is that he's not a traditional "Texas Conservative" type of guy. He's not. In fact, one bio that I read shows that he registered to vote Democrat, so I find it to be so ironic that he's been painted to be something that's he's not. Namely, me or 50% of the guys on this site at least>

    Just had to say that, you know I love my fellow truck driving brothers regardless of what politics you hold ... just as long as you don't take away my God given rights to tell people what I think, arm myself to protect myself and my family, drive the vehicle of my choice ... and maybe drink it all down with a cold one every now and again.

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    I feel bad for him. No matter what we all thought of the trial, Zimmerman will be watched until the day he dies. Days after the trial he pulled an injured couple from a wrecked truck but that was not headline news, but his speeding came across my CNN news app?
    You may have just missed the headline when it happened. I saw the article about him "rescuing" that couple on MSN.com. I am guessing it was staged so as to sway public opinion of Zimmerman toward a more positive stance.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    You may have just missed the headline when it happened. I saw the article about him "rescuing" that couple on MSN.com. I am guessing it was staged so as to sway public opinion of Zimmerman toward a more positive stance.
    Blue Ford "Exploder" rolled over on the freeway.


  4. #14

    Default

    I'm surprised the media reported it at all.

  5. #15

    Default

    Wow, turns out the cop may have either snapped a photo of zimmerman, or snapped a photo of his driver's license. ?? I guess that's ok to do if there is a reason to do it, like if you're going to send a photo to a supervisor to get some guidance in what to do. Otherwise, it's not something you're supposed to do, I guess. ??

    - - - Updated - - -

    Cop Catches Heat After Zimmerman Texas Stop

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    That is a Honda Ridgeline - the supreme wanna-be of trucks.


    Also, WTF is the cop doing at the very beginning? Can he not get radio reception?? LOL
    Some officers don't call out their stops or license plates until they're out of the car. Stupid in my opinion. We call ours out before we light up the car and update the location when we stop. That way our back up is already enroute.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.


  7. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
  8. #17
    Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    everett, massachusetts
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    I feel bad for him. No matter what we all thought of the trial, Zimmerman will be watched until the day he dies. Days after the trial he pulled an injured couple from a wrecked truck but that was not headline news, but his speeding came across my CNN news app?
    I also feel bad for him. I know up here if that young kid started a fight with a 28 year old Hispanic like ZIM the kid would be still alive today . but he would have had his AZZ kicked real bad.

    when your packing heat you have to be able to put up a good defense . If not then your weapon could be used against YOU !

    I hope he stays out of the spot light if possible.

  9. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    But other parts of the country that get over 100F on a regular basis are about 10-15% humidity, that's why they have the extra heat advisory.
    You've obviously never been to St. Louis. When we get 100F, it is ~75% humidity and it is horribly unbearable.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  10. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    You've obviously never been to St. Louis. When we get 100F, it is ~75% humidity and it is horribly unbearable.
    I can vouch for this. I visited St. Louis 2 years ago (July 2011) and spent a week there. It was very humid. Very much like Houston (where I grew up) or anywhere along the Gulf coast.

  11. #20

    Default

    Honda ridgeline. Im sure someone is going to stone me but I wantto put rigeline powertrain in an 80's malibu wagon. That j35 is a torque monster and gets around 25mpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I love my fellow truck driving brothers regardless of what politics you hold ... just as long as you don't take away my God given rights to tell people what I think, arm myself to protect myself and my family, drive the vehicle of my choice ... and maybe drink it all down with a cold one every now and again.
    AMEN to that
    Chuckie!!!


  12. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •