GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sr. Mechanic

Default Rancho 4" vs. Rough Country 5"

Just a little info to re-affirm what some guys on here have already talked about. I saw a guy I know the other night who has a 2007 crew cab nnbs, same truck as mine but a year older. He has the Rough country 5" with 295/65/18 Duratracs. I have the Rancho 4" with 275/70/18 Duratracs. His front fender measurements are 42 1/4. Mine are 43 1/4. Now my tires are supposedly about one tenth of an inch taller, but this gives you an idea of the difference between the two kits.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Legend

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know with my Rancho 4", I actually got over 5" inches of lift.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Thanks for the info. Are you keeping the same tires you ran with the level kit and rear block ? Please post some new pics when you get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are pics of the XD's!!!???

________2013 4C Rated__________

Sr. Mechanic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	54210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	54209
    Here's 2 real quick pics from the tire shop. I'll get some better ones up shortly. I did put the lower spacer back in under the front shock. They do rub a little bit when I back up and turn. They rub on the plastic on the rear of the fender, not sure yet if I'm going to trim it or if I can just just pull it back. I've been on vacation and haven't really had time to look at it much. And yes, I love the look of the tires and rims, very happy with the choice. It's one bada$$ looking truck now. And it actually rides better now than with my leveling kit and Duratracs on it. Rancho makes a great kit.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Awesome! I have the slighest bit of rubbing with my 305's on the passanger side when at full lock backing up.

Well done on wheel and tire combo.

looks good dude! im not a fan of most XDs, but I like those.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looks frickin awesome ! Now I hate you though because I have to save up for rims, new tires ,and lift kit ! Did you already regear ? What size tires are your new ones ? Are those Trail Grapplers ?

Quote Originally Posted by cain73 View Post
    Looks frickin awesome ! Now I hate you though because I have to save up for rims, new tires ,and lift kit ! Did you already regear ? What size tires are your new ones ? Are those Trail Grapplers ?
    295/70R18 Trail Grapps

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    295/70R18 Trail Grapps
    Great choice. What gears are you running ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast