GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sr. Mechanic

Still running the stock gears till spring. I don't drive the truck much so I can wait. Not sure what I'm going with yet. I've got a buddy that's a real whizz with gears and stuff, he's a big time truck puller, I'm going to let him figure out what ratio I should use and then he'll put them in for me. Then tuner as well.

I didnt gear deep enough when I bought my gears. Learn from my mistake and go lower than 4.11's.

________2013 4C Rated__________

3. Likes ljmueller liked this post
    Sr. Mechanic

Thanks man, I was actually wondering what you were running, I see Mfleeteoid has 4.56's, is that what your wishing you had?
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

The 4.11's are good, dont get me wrong but I just wish I had that little extra grunt down low when I hook up to my 16' trailer. Been pricing 4.56's and a trutrac vs cam, long tubes and custom tune. Looks like the new gears and trutrac will cost a little less.

________2013 4C Rated__________

ljmueller....you're killing me. I thought I was happy with my set up but now I'm pricing a Rancho 4" and new wheels. I've always liked the stock Z71 wheels but I'm not quite sure how they would look with bigger tires than what I have now. But you have one killer looking truck...perfect height and awesome wheel/tire combination.
    2010 Silverado LT Z71
    3"/2" Leveling Kit (will install after Deployment)
    SuperChips programmer

Flowmaster Super 40 with turn downs
    Looking for the tires now!

Sr. Mechanic

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I thought I was happy with just a leveling kit too, but yeah I really like it now. When I was researching wheel and tire sizes and options I searched google images a ton and found a few trucks that were running a 4" lift with 295/70/18 Nitto's with stock rims. Check it out maybe you can hold off on rims for now. Good luck.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

I'm thinking of adding a suspension lift kit but I can't decide which to choose - http://4wheelonline.com/Suspension_Lift_Kits.24. I'm leaning towards the Rancho since most of the guys here are happy with it, though I also heard that Tuff Country and Pro Comp are good and reliable. I have a 07 Silverado and want a kit that is easy to install and will provide the best results. Any advice? Thanks in advanced.

Yeah the Rancho 4" is closer to a 6" lift. Also @ljmueller I would definately suggest gearing with 4.56. I did the 4.10 but it was a daily driver doing mostly highway. its not a daily driver now and I am seriously considering trying to convince my wife to let me re-gear it again.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I am looking at the Rough Country 4.75 lift kit with 35s. I have heard mixed reviews. I really don't have a huge budget for the lift, still have to get tires. Can yall make a suggestion?

Sr. Mechanic

I sent you a PM regarding this thread, let me know if you didn't get it. ( I didn't want to bash a certain lift company in public) (again).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast