GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Improving the Turning radius

was wondering if anyone else has been able to improve the turning radius for the 4WD 1500s.... my blazer is the shortest wheelbase out of any C/K truck and it still turns like a battleship...

i noticed that the center link and steering boxes are different after 1995. but since the frames are the same, i was wondering if you could rebuild say, a 1993 with 1998 steering parts to improve the maneuverability.
    the concern of course, is ruining suspension geometry and getting the dreaded "death wobble".

thoughts?
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

From past experience I dont believe its possible without a lot of machine work and reengineering.
    the earlier trucks had a slightly better turning radius, but some of the steering components had reliability issues also.
    Not sure if the trade-off and expense are worth the end results.
    Probably the best improvement is gained with a SAS using a Dana 44, but again a trade-off since the 60 makes a much stronger axle for this swap but makes turning radius even worse unless you cut and rotate the knuckles a few degrees.
    Theres just no simple way to correct this issue, and if you dont like it now you really wouldnt like it if you had a locker up front.