GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Where in the world are you getting Line-X done for $325!? Around here it cost $500 over the rail for 5'9" bed. I had my running boards sprayed with no fad Line-X and it was $200 and I thought that was a fair price.
    Eh, I was basing that off the price I paid when I got mine done. But, that was back in 2001 and I haven't needed to price a bed liner since. The demand for spray-on liners has certainly increased and, like everything else, the price has gone up significantly.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

You can say that again! EVERYTHING has gone up. Just making sure TX didnt have the deal of a life time on Line-X

________2013 4C Rated__________

Most bedliner products are petroleum based, so you can thank your favorite sheik for the price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisshipman View Post
    Weird but two of my fender flares right left rear and right front are noticeably faded. I wanted to have them coated to save money but the Line - X dealers in the area are asking $200 - $225 with the flares removed. I think that is high for 10 to 15 minutes worth of work.
    Do the prep before taking them to the shop. In that way, you can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by truc.karl View Post
    Do the prep before taking them to the shop. In that way, you can save a few bucks.
    Probably not, the shop is going to prep the substrate their way. However, you will save money by doing some other labor. For example, if you want a bumper sprayed, remove the bumper yourself and take it to the dealer. Otherwise, the dealer will probably charge you to remove and reinstall the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Where in the world are you getting Line-X done for $325!? Around here it cost $500 over the rail for 5'9" bed. I had my running boards sprayed with no fad Line-X and it was $200 and I thought that was a fair price.
    I was just going through all my old truck-related receipts at home. I was looking for the receipt for the very first time I purchased tires for my truck. I came across the receipt for my bed-liner. Keep in mind, this was back in late 2001 but I got my "over the rail" Line-X bed-liner for $351.81 including tax.

That is CRAZY! Mine was done Spring of '11 and was $500 over the rail. Demand or inflation or maybe combo of both?

I suspect spray-in bed liners have some petroleum products in them. The cost of oil has doubled or even trippled since I got mine. Inflation is a factor as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12