GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks everybody. To the people saying get the 4wd do you think 60,000 mi is alot of miles? I would like to keep this truck awhile. I am probably only going to put about 8-10k a year on it as I dont drive a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by cj11209 View Post
    Thanks everybody. To the people saying get the 4wd do you think 60,000 mi is alot of miles? I would like to keep this truck awhile. I am probably only going to put about 8-10k a year on it as I dont drive a ton.
    60K miles is not a lot of miles, as long as the person that had it before you maintained the car.

My problem is that I don't trust that the person before me maintained the car. People are idiots (change oil when it starts knocking).

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by cj11209 View Post
    Just check it real good. Are the fluids dark and stinky? Does EVERYTHING work? If all is positive, good truck to buy
    Chuckie!!!

cj just go 2WD man. You can get a newer truck with less miles for the same amount of money. Or you can get a 2WD for cheaper with say 40-50K on it and use the rest of the cash on an entry level lift and some badass wheels & A/Ts!!
    Hotty Toddy!

Agreed with Rebel Bowtie. Go with 2wd, level front, put on meaty tires and cruise
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I've never understood leveling/lifting 2wd trucks and putting meaty tires on them.... Smh
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    I've never understood leveling/lifting 2wd trucks and putting meaty tires on them.... Smh
    Want the look of an aggressive, lifted truck without the extra weight and maintenance of 4wd. What so wrong with that? North Carolina isnt like Colorado, we do not get snow like you do and not everyone wants to take their truck off road.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    Want the look of an aggressive, lifted truck without the extra weight and maintenance of 4wd. What so wrong with that? North Carolina isnt like Colorado, we do not get snow like you do and not everyone wants to take their truck off road.
    "You can put a saddle on a pig but it's still a pig." I could never figure the faux pas 2wd thing.
    2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post

Hell! There's people out here that do it and they're always stuck in their dirt driveway when it rains lol
    Chuckie!!!

My thing is if I went with 2wd i would still put leveling kit on it and some meaty tires I think with some weight in the back during bad weather I could probably make it bout anywhere I wanted to. Guess it is just the what if thing lol. I understand both sides of this topic and really appreciate all the input. To burban and donl do you guys think it is worth having 4wd and the extra intial cost as well as whatever extra maintence and all they may be for it if I think I will really only have to use it maybe once in a blue moon? And do you guys really feel it is that stupid to level out and put nice all terrains on a 2wd?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast