GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Notifications for GMTC via email - How to change options?

Okay, maybe I'm losing my mind, but how do i set it up so that the notification bar will quit telling me when someone post in a thread i posted/posted in?
    Chuckie!!!

2. Likes Steve liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Okay, maybe I'm losing my mind, but how do i set it up so that the notification bar will quit telling me when someone post in a thread i posted/posted in?
    Go to your Notifications and unsubscribe to all the threads. IIRC, whenever you reply to a thread, GMTC subscribes you to it.

You can also go to Settings--->General Settings and under Messaging and Notification there is a drop down menu called Default Thread Subscription Mode:, you can select Do not subscribe and this should be what you are looking for.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

4. Thanks Steve thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post

Go to your Notifications and unsubscribe to all the threads. IIRC, whenever you reply to a thread, GMTC subscribes you to it.

You can also go to Settings--->General Settings and under Messaging and Notification there is a drop down menu called Default Thread Subscription Mode:, you can select Do not subscribe and this should be what you are looking for.
    Thank you for the help
    Chuckie!!!

There has been an issue discovered with the notification email server. So, you may have had the notifications set properly and still not received the email or the email may have been dumped into your spam folder. Steve is working very hard at this time to clean up the mess.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    There has been an issue discovered with the notification email server. So, you may have had the notifications set properly and still not received the email or the email may have been dumped into your spam folder. Steve is working very hard at this time to clean up the mess.
    That's good. I have it set so it sends me emails instead of notifications. Well see what happens
    Chuckie!!!

I think one of the other accounts on the web server had an issue so it was causing a massive delay in sending out the notification emails.

That being said, notifications can be set for all activity on the forums, or just some threads that you subscribe to on a thread by thread basis. Moreover, you can have it set to go Instantly, Daily or Weekly through email, or just get notified when you log into the site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	53994

... but at least they are working.
    Last edited by Steve; 08-03-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I think there might be an issue with the email server. I have unsubscribed from all threads but I still get one or two emails a day alerting me a new post has been made in various threads.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!