GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wife keeps taking my truck!

We just purchased this Silverado, and I thought it best to have her do the test drive. She liked the ride, the sitting up higher, so she had no problem with me buying the new truck. Now it seems she comes up with reasons to drive the truck. Today she wakes me up, and while I am still have asleep says I'm going to pick up a few things. I am no problem, and then I realized what was going on. Yep the truck was gone. Thankfully she hasn't brought it home full of manure yet, but then we are moving, and she will probably surprise me with that then.
    Soon as her car dies, we probably will be a two truck family. Do some of your Wives take your trucks as well?

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Used to take my s10 all the time when I had it
    Chuckie!!!

4. Likes JAS_2013Silverado1500 liked this post

Mine stays far away from my truck, she made the mistake of putting a dent in a new truck I had back in 1988 and hasnt driven any truck weve owned since then.

6. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Mine stays far away from my truck, she made the mistake of putting a dent in a new truck I had back in 1988 and hasnt driven any truck weve owned since then.
    My wife doesn't touch my truck either..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

My wife's commute to work is about half of what mine is, so she takes the truck a few times a week so we can "save on gas". I know she likes driving it though and as long as she parks in a safe spot I don't mind too much.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

9. Likes ChevyFan, JAS_2013Silverado1500 liked this post

my wife has her own. 2 crew cab family here.

11. Likes ChevyFan, JAS_2013Silverado1500 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Mine did the same thing. She had been nagging me every time I took the truck off the highway - she didn't want it scratched up or muddy !! She put a huge dent in the right side of the bed, I repaired it - she NEVER said a word to me after that.

my wife drives mine most every weekend for work. we only have my truck right now....

soon as we move back to minnesota and get some money together she is getting her own car.

tired of mysterious scratches showing up.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I'm on the lookout for an actual truck now just for that reason. The Traverse was supposed to be mine, but the wife seems to have taken it over, and we have a transitional vehicle right now that was supposed to be the daily driver, but it's such a piece of junk that we're going to sell it as a cash car and that will help me get a truck.

The wife's got a slight depth perception issue, so she doesn't want to drive a full-size truck, so either I'm looking for a Silveraro or at least a Tahoe. If I had enough parking (and I don't) then I would think about getting a Suburban, but we're right across from a large park that just got expanded, so there are more and more punks out. Come to think of it, I might look at putting some gravel down so I can park on the side of the house, then I could get a full-size crew cab, or a burban .... hmm, time to daydream a little bit.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

15. Likes JAS_2013Silverado1500 liked this post

Sounds like it's time to get a second Silverado. If one is good, two is better!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

17. Likes JAS_2013Silverado1500 liked this post