GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default K&N Intake and TB Spacer

I just put a K&N intake on my truck today and i didnt believe you couldnt put a TB spacer on your truck with the intake theres no way to do it unless you cut a chunk out of the fan shroud but theres no way im doin that for a spacer that you cant even hardly tell anything.

usually with bolt on intake like that you have to do intake,tb spacer,and at least a cat back to notice much of a difference, if you just leave everything stock, you might notice a little MPG improvment but not a huge power difference becuz the air may be going in faster but once it hits the block and leave the engine its still going the same speed and at the same temp it was before

Shep is right. The cai is a good mod to start with, but you need to think about some LT headers, HFC's and a custom tune to see a good HP boost. The TB spacer is a waste of money either way unless you are going to tap it for nitrus. You will also see a HP boost from E-fans and an underdrive crank pulley.
    Chris S. The GoFastPadre I like to drive fast and I've got the speeding tickets to prove it. 00 Sierra Z71 ECSB K&N CAI Pacesetter Shorties (soon to be replaced with LT's) Magnaflow HFC's Flowmasters with True Duals and H-Pipe more mods to come

I noticed a slight difference in low end with the spacer, but I also already had full exhaust including headers, cold air intake, bigger TB, and a programmer.

The CAI hit my fan shroud also when I installed the spacer but instead of cutting the fan shroud I just shaved off about 0.5" of the intake tube and it worked fine.