GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Default Legal papers & registration ?

Is it a good or Bad idea to carry your trucks registration and owners card and insurance cards in the glove box or is it better to carry that information on your person ? I've wanted to ask this question for quite awhile. What think ye ?

I've always carried these Items,"the Ones Mentioned Above" in my Wallet.....I've been doing it this way, every since I started Driving.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 08-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

3. Likes JTWard liked this post

I carry mine in the glovebox, though I do tend to keep a copy of the insurance card for the Saturn in my wallet as proof when I drive other people's vehicles. If I carried all my vehicles' info in my wallet, there wouldn't be space for anything else. Also relatives sometimes drive my trucks, so they would need the info if they get pulled over for some reason.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

5. Thanks JTWard thanked for this post

Hello:

I own too many vehicles and motorcycles to carry all that stuff in my wallet. It would take a file folder to hold all of it.

I have three insurance carriers, and I keep the cards in my wallet except for the classic car insurer, which is carried in the door pocket of that car. Car isn't driven enough to bother carrying it in my wallet. All the other four wheeled vehicles have the same carrier. My motorcycles are with a different company. I also have a boat and two trailers. I carry the trailer registrations in my truck glove box, in a Ziplock bag, with my truck registration and an insurance card for the truck. The boat registration has to be in the boat. My view in general is that I always carry registrations in the vehicle. Always. No reason not to do that. I have one motorcycle with only a zippered pocket on some soft luggage to store the registration, and I have never had a problem storing my registration and insurance in that spot.

The only time I remove that information from my vehicle is if it is going in for any type of service. I don't want some goon technician with a felony record for burglary to see where I live.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

I cannot speak of police in your area, but around here the police only ask for your drivers license and proof of insurance.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I keep mine ACCESSIBLY in the vehicle
    Chuckie!!!

I keep my registration in the glove box. You don't get asked for proof of insurance here in mass, guess a valid registration is your proof. If you lose your insurance the DMV is notified and you registration becomes invalid.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

I keep proof of insurance in the truck. Texas' registration is a sticker in the corner of the windshield and my truck's title stays in the safe at home.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!