GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Rain getting in the Cab.

Has anyone had a problem with the cab getting really wet when it rains? It gets wet every time. It is a 2002 Avalanche. any help would be great. Thank You.
    02GMC2500 4X4 extcab.Kenda Mud tires.3"Magnaflow true dual Exhaust.throttle body spacer with K&N air filter.Hypertech programmer.White LED dash lights.LED back up lights and marker lights.LED cab lights.LED interior lights.6000k HID conversion lows, with high/low conversion.Installed Center Console

You obviously have a seal leaking somewhere. Check your door seals.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    You obviously have a seal leaking somewhere. Check your door seals.

I did check the door seals and they all look good. I didn't know if there was something common on the avalanches that leaked. Thank you for replying. I will double check the doors again.

Is the whole floor getting wet or is it only in certain areas?
    Somewhere at one time I heard of an issue on the older Avalanche's of a seal and drain near the mid body gate that had sealing issues and an issue with the drain getting clogged. Someone on this site a couple years ago hads issues and did a bunch of research on the problem. Dont know what the final fix or outcome was either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Is the whole floor getting wet or is it only in certain areas?
    Somewhere at one time I heard of an issue on the older Avalanche's of a seal and drain near the mid body gate that had sealing issues and an issue with the drain getting clogged. Someone on this site a couple years ago hads issues and did a bunch of research on the problem. Dont know what the final fix or outcome was either.
    You are talking about the back window and flip down piece? I know the drains keep plugging with crap. I will have to check the seal at the back window area. Thanks for the info. I will do some more looking.

Yes, the member that had the problem doesnt post on here anymore, at one time he posted a great how to article on fixing the issue, I just dont remember the title he posted it under.