GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by redchev4x4 View Post
    i will try the relay,, its cheap and could be it,, i am willing to try anything now, ask autozone if they could check fuel pressure,, they said no but we can rent you a tool to do it for 150.00 . then return your money when your done with it. yesterday i got a new standard air filter ,, some throttle body cleaner and some MAF cleaner,, this will be my next steps. i am leary about taking it on the interstate to much now.... seems like its worse when i run interstate sppeds for any length of time,,or it seems to bring on more often.

thanks for the tips and ideas

terry m
    what is normally done is you use a credit card for the use of any tool that they are to lend you. when done you return the tool and the charge is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    what is normally done is you use a credit card for the use of any tool that they are to lend you. when done you return the tool and the charge is removed.
    yeah i know ,, but as much as i spend with those guys you would think they woould say yeah hold on a minute,, walk 10 steps outside and hook it up for 3 minutes and check it,, long time customer and spent bookoo bucks there in the past several years... kinda gripes me ,, ya know?

terry m

Legend

the stores in my area will help you out especially if its slow. they will even go and put wipers on/check codes/test battery. and even look at what your bitches are with the vehicle.

could be you just ran across some lazy jerk.

I would call first before you go down there .

Well i think i finally got it (i hope),,, i finally got a weekend where i wasn't playing music somewhere and spent some time with the truck,,, this is what all i did,,, new wires, plugs, fuel regulator, cleaned the maf sensor, cleaned the throttle body, had the oil changed ,,, this past weekend i had a show to do about 100 mles away so i took a chance and drove the truck,, run like a top down there and back,, no misses or skips got good mlage with it too.... Today i was doing brakes and rotors all the way around and found a bad hub bearing assembly on the left front... (nice).... I thought it was the tires roaring since they are getting worn but it is the hub bearing,,, found one one line for 90 bucks,,, will replace on arrival. Just an update in case anyone else has had this problem.

Terry m

I might have similar issue, I got 08 sierra but the check engine light comes on. It only starts to sput and sputter after i drive home from work when it's warm outside and i have driven about 20 miles. It never does it while driving only when i stop at a light after i get off interstate. The check engine light will flash and the truck will run rough like it wants to die but never does. then when i accelerate if im not careful it will hit 2nd gear hard then the check engine light quits flashing, after that everything runs smooth. I did change the #3 injector which was the first code it threw out.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by redchev4x4 View Post
    i will try the relay,, its cheap and could be it,, i am willing to try anything now, ask autozone if they could check fuel pressure,, they said no but we can rent you a tool to do it for 150.00 . then return your money when your done with it. yesterday i got a new standard air filter ,, some throttle body cleaner and some MAF cleaner,, this will be my next steps. i am leary about taking it on the interstate to much now.... seems like its worse when i run interstate sppeds for any length of time,,or it seems to bring on more often.

thanks for the tips and ideas

terry m
    you can buy a fuel pressure test gauge for 35 USD at advance auto . testing before buying is how you do these repairs. its your money. then again with 90,000mi on the plugs I am quite sure they are bad. only plugs that work properly are ac delco irridiums ...do not mess with the gap if the gap looks bad the plug is defective ..these are not designed to adjust unless your very much educated in how to do this with these type plugs and the small tip wire which is damaged with the wrong checking adjusting .

i had a buddy of mine at work check my fuel pressure and it was well within specs,,, i have never really thought it was the fuel pump,,, all of the other repairs i did were over due anyway... and so far its running like a top... power seems to be back up and no misses or skips after it gets hot.... so maybe its fixed.

thanks for the info
    terry m

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle, cr0wnguard. I understand that you are looking for advice to resolve this issue yourself and I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would like to assist if you find that you cannot resolve this issue yourself. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

well i replaced the left front bearing hub assembly yesterday,, took a little longer then i thought it would,, kind of tough to get off,,, but finally got it broke loose... installed the new one and put rotor and brakes on and noticed one of the wheel studs is not the right thread,, 5 correct ,, 1 incorrect,, WELL SPIT!!!
    so i knocked one out of the old hub and swapped it out in the new one,,, quality control ,, yeah right.
    put wheel on and torqued ,, feels good ,, sounds good,, we'll just see if it last,,, got my doubts,, nothing made to last any more,, i got 170,000 out of the first one,,, doubt the new will last 50,000.

terry m

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12