GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman217 View Post
    The Fan is made of aluminum... and in the end it actually reduced my intake temperatures a lot. I have been running the android app torque and seem to have a tad more power. But like one guy said if i wanna see big improvements, i need to get a tune
    Please quantify "a lot" and "tad more power" then. You're testing this on a dyno in a controlled environment where ambient air temperature is consistent across the entire run of testing, and no exterior wind affecting the data, right?

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    Please quantify "a lot" and "tad more power" then. You're testing this on a dyno in a controlled environment where ambient air temperature is consistent across the entire run of testing, and no exterior wind affecting the data, right?

No I am not, to make it like any other scoop, I took the fan off and now it looks legit in my engine compartment! It leads right up the the funnel from the front of the grill. It couldn't of been a more perfect fit.

I'll sub to see how this turns out. I don't see much gain happening but every little bit helps I guess.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Legend

get a 160 degree t stat, cooler engine, means less underhood heat means less heatsoak into the air inlet
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Glad you took the fan out, this was a disaster waiting to happen. The truck pulls more then 200 cfm when idling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12