GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Has THIS ever happend to YOU or anyone YOU'VE EVER KNOWN ~ Yet : ?

Here's another one ~ He's posted in "Jimmy-Blazer" section of this Forum:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...497#post589497
    "Impossible" is a degree of difficulty ~ set by imagination for lack of motivation.

I've NOW contacted yet another Independant "Mobil Programmer" -- these guys will be #4 -- to try-come-scan the car sometime over the next two days ~ with the diff-being here THESE guys rather only do Stock "Factory Programming" proceedures, and THEY SAY they'll be able to verify PCM/VCM & BCM/TCM communications-operations...at a cost of $125 bucks "...per mobilization" ~ wtf : ?

What's the point in "Disabling" the Passlock II System - just to get it "running" - until AFTER I can get the BCM to show-a-pulse for actually recieving communications and then CONTROLLING the stuff it's supposed to ~ like the Door-Locks, HVAC "Mode Control", Head-lights, Dome-lights, and - HOPEFULLY TOO! - the "Injection-System Disable Circut", etc., too : ?

THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN DISABLED FOR "REPAIR" ACTIONS TAKEN BY A GM DEALERSHIP -- THAT THEY THEN REFUSED TO RECTIFY -- FOR OVER 6 MONTHS NOW.
    Last edited by MAD JAX; 01-27-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: CLAIRITY
    "Impossible" is a degree of difficulty ~ set by imagination for lack of motivation.

Being the only alternative to taking it BACK to any "GM DEALERSHIP" for their subscription to "OEM" Factory-Specific Programming (vs. what the "Hot-Rod Tuners" think they can...and then find-out they CAN'T do ; ) I had a "Mobile Diagnostic Services" firm come-out 'n diagnose the vehicle, and -- after having determined several functions failing dispite valid serial communications data on "The BUS" they determined:

"BAD BCM ~ REPLACE AND REPROGRAM PRIOR FUTHER DIAGNOSIS"

So I did that ~ and learned something ELSE that the original "Dealer" servicing the vehicle 6 months ago SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE TRYING TO "FLASH" THE VEHICLE...that the WRONG BCM P/N had been installed in the Vehicle all-along!

I had told them (GM Dealership) it was reportedly CHANGED by the previous owners "Tech" that never fixed the car...that they should VERIFY the correct P/N was installed IF they wound-up interfacing the DLC...that's something I HAD THEN ASKED THE TECH ~ which He confirmed "OK" ~ at that time when they'd brought me to see It ~ NOW as "DEAD-WEIGHT" in His Service Bay that first day, so WTF!!!

So I bought one (from another GM Dealer) to install and -- per-instructions FROM BOTH "Dealer" and "Mobile Diagnostic Services" -- had the latter return to "Reprogram BCM"... : ?

But because THIS particular BCM comes "Pre-Flashed" -- something no-one told ME! -- basically what-they-did for that $100 bucks was "Verify Communications" (something they'd already done) then initiate the "10-minute Key Relearn" proceedure (I could've done the "30-minute re-learn proceedure") and then crank-it-over...

And it started-up...and then RAN ~ for the first-time in over 6 months!!!

All of My Keyless Remote "Lock/Un-Lock" functions are WORKING AGAIN, including "Panic", etc., and too, the "Dome Override" control of the Headlamp System "Daytime Running Lights" (DRL) as-well!

My "Air Bag" lamp is OFF w/NO DTC's present in that system (had a U-1000 DTC) and we found the "Dome Light Stays On" problem remains ~ as-related to a bad Door Handle Switch, which when actuated tells the BCM someone wants INTO the vehicle and so ILLUMINATE the interior lamps for an entry OR activate the Alarm System/Vehicle Theft Deterrent...and I've never been-so-glad to hear the Horn-Honk'n Lights-Flashin' ~ Hoo-Rah!!!

My wife drove the car to work this morning "just to see...", and We'll give it to my daughter this weekend ~ 6 months AFTER She started College... : ?

glad you got it fixed

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

SIX MONTHS "DEAD WEIGHT" ~ FOUR "INDY-PROGRAMMERS" ~ $550.00 "PARTS & OUT-SOURCED LABOR"... : ?

At least NOW the Humper-Mother RUNS ~ Yea C'mon!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12