GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Apprentice

Gotcha, thx man. I do have an amp for subs, just not speakers. but for the subs theres a sub out RCA from the unit. thx for answering my questions with good quality information
    2011 Black Silverado 5.3L V8 1500 LT All-Star Package, Diablo Trinity Programmer w/ Custom Tune, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Intake, Tuff-Bar Grille Guard, Memphis Amp w/ 2 12" subs, & more to come

Glad I could help. Hopefully you enjoy the new stereo
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Jr. Apprentice

Got the new HU installed the other night. Looks really good, and deff increases the clarity & power of subs and speakers. Only issue I had when mounting the HU was. 1) not a ton of room to put wires behind the unit. There's a small hole in the plastic behind the original unit put you kinda have to fish the wires inthere to get them all to fit properly. This process was further complicated by the second issue. 2) was the fact that the HU wouldn't slide through the opening for the new mounting bracket. Therefore I had to mount the HU into the bracket before trying to put the bracket into the opening for the HU. Also because the HU couldn't slide through the mount the trim piece wouldn't fit on. BUT in the end I got everything put back together and it looks pretty flawless on the outside. Ill post up some picks later. FYI:Instead of running the inputs into the glove box, I ran the cord right up to the steering wheel, and had it come out by the shifter. Its perfect because my method of choice for music is buying a 16G flash drive for < $20. it can store more music than a $300 ipod and if you sent up folders, easier to search through. Also I can hookup my flash drive, and just let it dangle there without having to worry about it falling out, and can easily take it out to update.
    2011 Black Silverado 5.3L V8 1500 LT All-Star Package, Diablo Trinity Programmer w/ Custom Tune, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Intake, Tuff-Bar Grille Guard, Memphis Amp w/ 2 12" subs, & more to come

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12