GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: 4WD Lever or Pushbutton

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lever

9 56.25%
  • Push-button

6 37.50%
  • No preference

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Manual shifter, pull the lever & your locked, hit the cute little button & pray the light stops flashing at the right spot! Should be an option!
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

My Ford as a lever, where I can definitely trust that it is in 4wd. The truck came with auto hubs also and well they failed me when I was going into a mud hole, so had a time getting out of that one. Now I have manual hubs which I like as long as I remember to get out and lock them before playing lol
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

gota go with the manual shifter. although i like the push button 4x4 better then the flimsy little twist nob in the 07-13s...

my buddy bought a 07 classic not long ago. kind of a unicorn truck, Z71 lt extended cab, steering wheel controls, auto climate control with a manual floor shift 4x4. once i pointed that out to him he was sold.

ALex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Master Mechanic

Always had push buttons in the family, but I would like a lever so I know it's locked in. No room for sensors or senders to go bad
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

This should be a poll option.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Definitely the manual leaver its more reliable

I dont mind the dash switch, 2000 blazer , 2002 trailblazer, 2007 trailblazer and 2011 z71 all with the dash switch, the only failure I have had was the 2000 blazer, the switch failed , a new switch was the fix. I might add, its all I have ever had so I dont know first hand any other way.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

I have a 2003 Avalanche with the autotrac push-button 4wd, and a 2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax with the lever to control the 4wd. The Avalanche is fantastic in the winter because if I'm doing a lot of city driving or on a road that gets slippery, I can set it to automatic and it engages quickly when it senses slippage. I love it - it works really nicely.

On the other hand, most of the time when I need 4wd low, it's not convenient to put the truck in neutral to engage it - and if you're stopped instead of moving slowly it jams into 4lo with a huge thunk. The lever system lets me engage it easily at any time if I'm going slow enough. It's not as nice in the winter, but on a truck of that weighs in a bit over 8,500 lbs I get pretty good traction on any road and very rarely need the 4x4.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    This should be a poll option.
    One poll created
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Sr. Apprentice

hello,I prefer a shifter, there is nothing like moving moving the lever and feeling. I've had both up here, and when driving up and heading to the slopes the push-button is much more convenient, when everything works.