GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2000 Yukon with 6.0L engine and ignition codes P0351

My cousin recently bought a 2000 GMC Yukon with the 6.0L engine. After running the engine for about 30 minutes, the computer throws codes P0351-P0358. It looks like they're codes for circuit malfunctions on all 8 cylinders. The engine runs fine and doesn't seem to misfire or anything. The previous owner said he changed the coils and my cousin has already changed the plugs and wires. There was predictably no change.

Logic says the issue shares some commonality since it's all 8 coils and each coil fires 1 cylinder. Commonalities I see are the grounds, the hot fuse, and the computer. Even the signals from the computer to the coils take 2 different bulkhead connectors to get to each bank of coils.

Any ideas?
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

We still have no resolution to this. He brought it to a technician to take a look, and the tech couldn't find anything wrong that would cause the light to come on. I think the ground strap to the block still needs to be checked, but otherwise we're clueless on this.