GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Smile Black bowtie and tint taillights

I painted the the bowtie black and it looks great. Now all i need is a billet grille and then paint that black to match it and I'm thinking about smoking the taillights with film tint. I was wondering if anyone has ever done any of these ideas yet? If so, provide some tips and some pics.
    2000 Silverado V8 5.3L

Want:
    2" - 3" ReadyLift Leveling Kit with a 3" body lift with 35" tires w/ 20" rims.
    Full body paint detail.

Done:
    Kenwood deck with Kenwood Mono Amp with 2 12" Kenwood Subs
    Cherry Bomb Glasspack muffler
    Tires
    Debadged
    Black Bowtie

Master Mechanic

I'm gonna be blacking out my ties this weekend, can't wait. as far as the taillights go, tell me how it went when you do it, i want to do the same, just don't know how it would turn out

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

a couple of my buddies have bought a spray on tint from auto zone that works pretty well, i dont know what its called but i know the scuffed up their tail lights, sprayed it on and wet sanded it and it looked great.
    Jake
    2006 Silverado 5.3L Flex Fuel
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Quadzilla Stealth 2 Race Tune

yeah i heard people spray this like night shade tint spray stuff on their lights and it does look good. i want to try film tint cause my buddy has it on his titan and it looks cool.

^i've done tinted tails on several of my cars, and i would not recommend the film overlays. the quality is night and day difference between film overlay and spray on. however, spray on is only good if its done right.

i would recommend jonstintedtails.com. they do quailty work, and on average charge about $80 to do a pair of taillights to the darkness of your liking. the site describes the process they use. and they also have a fast turn around time, so your not stuck without taillights for a long time.

(not my truck):

i have a 01 suburban i smoked my taillight and 3rd brake light and front turn signals and the bowtie and have a billet grill and H.I.D.S (xenon) bulbs 8k and it looks rly good try the vht night shade from auto zone and then let them dry wait about 4 days and buff and polish them and omg look rly good

i would recommend jonstintedtails.com. they do quailty work, and on average charge about $80 to do a pair of taillights to the darkness of your liking
    I just checked the sight and it was around $230 +/- plus shipping for tail lights for a 03-06 silverado.
    Where are you finding them for around $80 ?

Its VHT Night Shades...I found a website that shows you step by step on how to tint your tail lights. i think tinting them is the best way to go...
    here is the website

http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/...aillights.html

I mosk my taillights 3rd brake light myself firs sand the lights use black spay paint if they get to dark sand them then use the clear coat i spend like 20
    I]

This is probably an easy question, but what kinda paint did you use for bow tie and how did you go about it? had a friend do his and it looks like s**t, everyone feel free to suggest other ideas also! Thanks ya'l

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by