GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Anybody have any ideas?

My 05 awd is giving me problems,,

I have this vibration noise up front,

So far I've changed the pass side cvt , brakes rotors calipers up front,,
    U joints front and back changed fluid!

The problem is still there, I took off my front driveshaft, and it didn't help,,
    My van will move now when it is in park though!!!

The drivers side bearing is a couple years old maybe I should change that now ,, it feels like I'm just throwing money away though

Thanks for any help you can provide

I have heard of guys replacing the bearings in those front diffs every 75,000 miles. I have know guys with over 300,000 on them and they have never touched them. You might want to take a look at the front diff and the front wheel hubs

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Is there bearings in there also?

I can hear it get louder as the suspension loads!!

Ive heard the pinion bearings can be a problem which is one reason I steer clear of them for resale.
    Hmm moves while in park, sounds like the park locking pawl has a problem. I dont remember if that model can be accessed from below by dropping the trans pan.

One dealer told me worse case scenario was 1500 I found another one that would diagnose it for a hundred dollars,,
    hard to take my van out of service!!!

Oh well I'll keep you posted

Turns out its the 2 year old bearing on the drivers side,

At the last minute I told them to diagnose my engine light too,,
    so that cost 140 to diagnose, I can change the bearing myself, it turns out its a solenoid so I'm having them fix it,
    They wanted 850 to do everything, so I told them to fix the solenoid, so roughly I'll have 600 bucks into it,

Kind of makes me mad I was gonna do the bearing this morning, but being two years old I didn't think it would be the cause!