GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

small dealer......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    They said they cleaned it all up?...i told them i wanted something cool and they said all we have is 2 vans...a Dodge Grand Caravan and a Ford Windstar...so i picked the better looking one lol
    The better looking Caravan or Windstar, that's like who's the better looking chick, Rosie O'Donnell or Roseanne Barr.

Once you get the vehicle back, maybe try getting a Hypertech or Diablo to de-activate AFM.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Im in the market for one to delete it...id love it...just to delete it and make the truck sound better with the exhaust switching from 8-4 cylinder mode driving

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Cool huh-caravan or windstar-minivan!!
    Well they are pretty versatile-carry lots kids or home depot stuff
    But COOL- HA,HA
    Surprised they don't have a older HHR or maybe a Equinox crossover
    Of course a used Dodge minivan or ford minivan-dirt cheeeeeep to buy

on the oil use-you figure the rings don't scape the oil off the cylinder walls as efficiently when it doesn't have combustion pressure to seat it ??
    Makes sense
    but why would changing the valve cover help that??
    And when the cylinder is shut down-both valves held closed?? so it would be sorta pulling a vacuum?
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Got my truck back about an hour ago...they found excessive oil in intake and replaced left valve cover and performed a cylinder cleaning...intake was so bad with oil they tipped it over and it poured out...they also replaced my front axle seal...truck seems to idle better now and all is good...exhaust seems alittle deeper now also...now to buy a programmer and delete AFM!

Line-X'd Bed
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Got my truck back about an hour ago...they found excessive oil in intake and replaced left valve cover and performed a cylinder cleaning...intake was so bad with oil they tipped it over and it poured out...they also replaced my front axle seal...truck seems to idle better now and all is good...exhaust seems alittle deeper now also...now to buy a programmer and delete AFM!
    Tell us if your MPGs before and after disabling AFM. I am very curious.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Will do!...might be a week or 2 before i get one tho...with what ive done so far,im getting 19-21 MPG right now on highway...13-15 pulling my 30 foot camper

- - - Updated - - -

I dont want to get anything expensive or fancy for a programmer...i just wanna be able to shut off AFM,tire size,etc. Does the Diablo Sport Predator do AFM?

Line-X'd Bed
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Well guys i just got a call from the dealership...truck is done!...and yes i was fully covered under powertrain warrenty...they replaced the right transfer case seal,it was bad. They also changed left valve cover for the oil consumption.The intake was full of oil i guess so in return i was just burning the oil(didnt notice it)they then refilled my oil for me and i should be good to go.Still got another full year of powertrain warrenty on it also i found out.I told them to check a hose behind the motor because i seen it was pretty dirty/dust with oil residue...engine(oil)cooler hose?...they said it aint that bad yet but i should change it within the next year...(they did everything the TSB told them to do they said)...i like this dealership and they treat people right(dropped it off last night and they called me at 9:30 this morning saying it was done)so im still a happy GM customer!
    CheyBoy2009,

We are happy to hear that your visit at the dealership was a good experience. I would be happy to document a dealer compliment. If interested, private message us your name, contact information, VIN, and preferred dealership.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

It might be a good idea to not disable the AFM.
    You have a good dealer-who is obviously going to make it right whatever it takes
    so fooling with the OEM settings-MIGHT make it tougher for the dealer to help you once you are out of warranty.
    Some dealers-and GM- will work with you even when you are out of warranty-if the problem hasn't been fixed.
    But if you do anything that changes the OEM setup-it will be tougher for a dealer to get GM to cover an out of warranty repair. Service folks MIGHT be able to tell it was reprogramed- even if you return it to original settings before bring it in-there is some sort of memory in the ECM I think.

I wonder will AFM kick in-8 to 4 cylinder-when the AC is on a high-cold setting? There might be someway to decrease how often it kicks into 4 cylinder mode-without actually changing OEM settings.Maybe increasing the load-like the AC (which is just a very small increase on these powerful V-8's)
    Luck
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Sr. Mechanic

This product will turn off the AFM. That is the only thing it does-installs in less than 5 minutes.

www.rangetechnology.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast