GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by

No i dont actually...im the one usually fixing stuff lol...but this truck is pissing me off...im gonna hook up programmer at break and read codes..

- - - Updated - - -

Well i actually had to add about a quart of oil and i got code P2135...deleted it and its running fine right now...i gotta make a 120 round trip tonight to pick up a snowmobile...

- - - Updated - - -

Alright i guess i was wrong on oil change...this oil change has alittle over 5k on it but at 1k i had the valve cover changed due to low oil...they then topped it back off...so technially i used a quart in 4k with AFM OFF...forgot to put that i added a 1/2 quart in beween also
    Last edited by ChevyBoy2009; 01-31-2014 at 10:45 AM.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Im going to try one of those catch cans.. There was another thread on it. It catches all that oil thats going into your intake from the crankcase breather tube. It sounds like thats where your oil is going to me. Its not right that it has to be done but GM has designed it this way. It seems the AFM is causing more oil to become airborne and going into the intake. But you also stated that AFM was de-activated and your still having oil consumption issues so what would be causing an unusually high airborne rate? It seems strange to me to change a valve cover.. what is in a valve cover that goes bad or is defective to warrant a change?

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I might get that catch can if this keeps going on...the valve cover was replaced because GM changed the design on it and installed a baffle/deflective shield on it,i assume to stop the airborne oil...just left side valve cover(driver side)...they also did a clean on the cylinders at the same time they did that

Well my truck goes in next week for the new throttle body(P2135 code) and new pistons and rings(all 8)...ugh still using oil

hopefully you have some time and miles left in the warranty and you just end up with a new engine at some point. I would think that it would be cheaper to put the new engine in rather than pay for labor replacing pistons and rings. but, I have not priced them out so I could be really off in that assumption.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Well the good thing about this is i AM still under warrenty for a couple more months!...they will be replacing the TPS and ALL 8 pistons and rings free of charge for me!...the service manager said the TPS was under a "special coverage" till 120k also...he said without a warrenty the pistons and rings and gaskets would run around 2,500 bucks!!!...he ordered everything yesterday and now we are gonna set up a time next week...

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind...i have to do a stupid oil consumption test before they do pistons and rings...here we go

I always wondered how they know that the customer is not draining oil out and taking it back saying that it is low. I know that they expect people to be honest, but as we know that is not always the case. I wonder if they mark the drain plug to show if it has been moved. I guess if someone really wanted to try to scam them they could just suck it out of the dipstick with a pump. Just something that I always wondered how they prevent that from happening.

I just changed oil on saturday and they said i dont have to come in for their oil change... have to go back in 500 miles

If the piston rings are allowing oil blow-by wouldnt the truck smoke?? I mean how does that much oil go by the rings and not burn and cause blue smoke..I can see maybe oil going into the intake so minimal that you wouldnt see any burn but blow-by the rings I would think would be seen. Maybe im wrong.

Well when they changed my valve cover and cleaned pistons they tipped the intake over and a TON of oil poured out...it doesnt smoke but my exhaust gets black around the tips every now and then

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by