GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Brake light and park assist issues

I have a 07 gmc sierra z71 crew cab. 5.3 I am having issues with my brake system and park assist sensors. Occasionally when i apply the brakes, the "brake" light will flash and the ding ding alert will sound. AND the "park assist off" comes on the display.
    I had my hitch on for a while and was used to turning the park sensors off, but the brake light is throwing me for a loop.
    Brake fluid is at proper level

Powertrain codes and smog codes will cause the Check Engine Light to come on, indicating there is a code in memory. Other control units will also store codes, but sometimes will not light the CEL, instead, lighting the light associated with the system that has the fault. I would go somewhere to have the code(s) read.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave367 View Post
    I have a 07 gmc sierra z71 crew cab. 5.3 I am having issues with my brake system and park assist sensors. Occasionally when i apply the brakes, the "brake" light will flash and the ding ding alert will sound. AND the "park assist off" comes on the display.
    I had my hitch on for a while and was used to turning the park sensors off, but the brake light is throwing me for a loop.
    Brake fluid is at proper level
    I am sorry to hear that you experiencing an issue with your vehicle's brake system and park assist sensors. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care