GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question 2000 Sierra power mirror to turn signal mirror conversion, help needed

Hello all, I'm trying to convert my buddy's 2000 Sierra that was equipped with just power adjustable mirrors to power adjustable mirrors with turn signal indicators from what looks to be a 2001 Yukon Denali.

The truck's mirror harnesses look basic and only have a few wires, but the new mirrors have a total of 15 wires, and I have no idea where or how to wire up the mirrors. From what I've gathered by searching the internet, the truck's harness is composed of 5 wires, which are: Black, Orange, Red with white, Purple with white, and Yellow which are the mirror motor's ground wires. The truck's black and orange wires don't connect to anything however on the original mirrors.

If someone could chime in and help me find the right wires I need (I'd like to only know the motor wires, and the turn signal indicator's wires) I also realize I will need to run a wire from the turn signals to the fuse box, as the truck wasn't equipped with the correct harness.

I appreciate any help offered! Pics below:

I don't have a wiring diagram for the 2000/2001 trucks, but the Chev and the GMC should be the same. That is, the same as fas as the basic wires are concerned.

If I was doing the job, the first priority would be to get the new mirrors working as the old mirrors worked. The wiring colours should be the same colours that match the original colours on the original mirrors, red to red, black to black etc.

GM might add additional functions to the mirror, but these functions would use colours that are not on the basic mirrors.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    I don't have a wiring diagram for the 2000/2001 trucks, but the Chev and the GMC should be the same. That is, the same as fas as the basic wires are concerned.

If I was doing the job, the first priority would be to get the new mirrors working as the old mirrors worked. The wiring colours should be the same colours that match the original colours on the original mirrors, red to red, black to black etc.

GM might add additional functions to the mirror, but these functions would use colours that are not on the basic mirrors.
    Thank you for the reply, I tried connecting the same color wires on the new mirror, and they didn't do anything at all when my buddy pushed the button in his armrest.

Quote Originally Posted by troop231 View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I tried connecting the same color wires on the new mirror, and they didn't do anything at all when my buddy pushed the button in his armrest.
    Hmmmm, the wiring should be the same. Did you try a google for the diagrams?

Try this:

Expert: Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
    2001 mirror connectors

Outside Rearview Mirror - Passenger

Connector Part Information
    8-Way M Metri-Pack 150 Series (BLK)
    Pin Wire Color Circuit No. Function
    A ORN 2267 Mirror Heating Element Supply Voltage
    B PNK 1691 Automatic Day/Night Mirror Low Reference
    C YEL 1496 Mirror Motor Right/Up Control
    D PPL/WHT 889 Right Mirror Motor Down
    E RED/WHT 881 Right Mirror Motor Right
    F WHT 1430 Exterior Courtesy Lamps Supply Voltage
    G GRY 1690 Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal
    H BLK 1050 Ground

For some reason, the driver's side won't paste, here is the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/gm/2z85z-2...verado-so.html
    Last edited by RayVoy; 08-14-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Hmmmm, the wiring should be the same. Did you try a google for the diagrams?
    I did, but maybe I'm not the best googler. I couldn't find anything helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by troop231 View Post
    I did, but maybe I'm not the best googler. I couldn't find anything helpful.
    Sorry, I spent so much time trying to get the driver's side to paste (see above), you answered while I was still working on the edit. Take a 2nd look at my previous post.

Sorry, I spent so much time trying to get the driver's side to paste (see above), you answered while I was still working on the edit. Take a 2nd look at my previous post.
    Thank you! I finished my buddy's truck up today and it works great!

8. Likes RayVoy liked this post

I shall revist this thread. I have been wanting to ditch my regular power mirrors (which don't work anymore) and install some of the powered mirrors with the turn signals in them. Good to know that it's possible, as in, the truck already comes wired for it.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!