GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Any NASCAR fans here? Have you been following the shake-up just before the Chase?

Clint Boyer, Martin Truex Jr and all of Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) have been accused, found guilty and HEAVILY penalized for cheating.

Now, Joey Logano and David Gilliland are being investigated as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...int-cup-091113

Some crazy times only days before the Chase is set to get underway.
    Last edited by McClintoc; 09-11-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I am a Dale Jr. fan, so he is not in trouble. He is in the chase.

Yup, and it looks like the fallout isn't over yet. I am a longtime Mark Martin fan but hoping Dale Jr. wins it all this year.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Ive all but quit watching NASCAR, only Daytona, Talledega, Sears Point, Martinsville, and Dover, some of the other races once in a great while.
    As a long time fan, started following in the mid 70's, I lost a lot of interest when they went to the chase in 2004, and call me a prick if you like but Im glad someone finally figured a way to affect the outcome that appears to be legal.
    Look at Mike Heltons comments on that article and a few others, they arent sure rules were broken or some actions were even intetional. Their simply judging and penalizing because they think its wrong and they can.
    As far as Gordons claims tough, years back he was caught throwing a piece of foam out of his car to cause a late race caution that affected his track position and ultimately affected the year end outcome, so he's no innocent.
    Its just all part of why I no longer watch like I once did.

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

I couldn't agree more. NasCar when I was a young guy was dead on thrilling. Back then each manufacturer had a car, Ford, Pontiac, Chevrolet even Mercury had an entry. All with different engines and there were rules, plenty of rules, but the races were slower, but more exciting. Which for me is what made the racing interesting. Now everything has to fit a cutout, a measurement a diagram. On the short tracks I don't even watch as I fall asleep by the first 100 laps. And it's gotten so rule dominated by rules and all the BS it's like watch paint dry. If I watch, it's the sprint series and only to see if Danica is even getting close to the last ten cars, she ain't much, but she don't wreak cars too often. Then a few month ago they penalized Joe Gibbs team $450.000 and 15 points for a Toyota connecting rod that was 8 grams too light ????? Give me a break, this is chicken **** leadership as far as I can see in NASCAR. Soap box derby races are more exciting !