GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2007 Silverado Service Air Bag

Where are the air bag sensors! Look underneath around front bumpers, I see nothing. What do I have to remove to find them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by se3racing View Post
    Where are the air bag sensors! Look underneath around front bumpers, I see nothing. What do I have to remove to find them? Thanks!
    Don't touch anything on your airbag system. Simply don't. One wrong move and you'll have to have the whole restraint system repaired. Thank your government, bite the bullet, and take it to a qualified technician.

Quote Originally Posted by se3racing View Post
    Hello,

I see that your service air bag light came on. If you are interested into going to the dealership, I can assist you with that. I am happy to locate the dealership and can even make the appointment. Private message me if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

They are there. You just need to know what to look for. If you don't know what you are doing, then I would not touch them. If you know how to disconnect and discharge the system then go for it. It is actually very easy to do.I am sure if you look around enough then you will find out how. After you disconnect and discharge the system it is as simple as unbolting the sensor and undoing a electrical clip.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)