GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bedliner Line-X Spray your whole truck?

I know people have been doing this for a while, but take a look at that Camaro that's all done up with Line-x.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...liner/2588539/

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I've seen several trucks done this way - two F-250s and an F-150. This first time I saw bedliner used outside of the bed, the whole lower half of the truck was covered in it, from the bottom of the windows down. It looks good and of course is durable. It maks a lot of sense to do it on a truck but I'm not so sure about doing it to a Camaro.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Master Mechanic

Personally I think it is a absolute horrible idea. Unless your building a rock crawler or a pure work/farm truck and that's all it will be doing then fine. Personally I need contrast and a beautiful shine, not grey/black. The first car I saw was a honda in Wilkes Barre that someone did their self with duplicolor bed armor. Didn't like the look then, and do not like the look now.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

West Coast customs did the Camero for Line-X a few months back.
    Would I personaly do this to a new Camero? No.
    But the end result does look good.

To each their own.

if I had the money, I would do it for my avalanche. I would leave the emblems normal though, and probably keep chrome rims on it to break up the black.
    Charles 02 z71 Cladded Avy
    Mods: eBay k&n Intake, highflow magnaflow cats & y pipe, 6" FabTech lift, 35" Pro Comps, Superchips #2715, SnugTop, 4.56's, MOOG front end
    Wishes: LQ4 + a beefed up 4L60E

I would think about doing the Bottom side moldings and lower half fenders! For Protection cuz, the Paint is thin...........
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

How much weight do you think that adds to the truck?
    Mods: eBay k&n Intake, highflow magnaflow cats & y pipe, 6" FabTech lift, 35" Pro Comps, Superchips #2715, SnugTop, 4.56's, MOOG front end

Quote Originally Posted by kinson33 View Post
    How much weight do you think that adds to the truck?
    I suspect it adds some weight but probably not as much you'd think. Basically one layer of Line-X versus several layers of primer, paint and clear coat.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I would think about doing the Bottom side moldings and lower half fenders! For Protection cuz, the Paint is thin...........
    There have been times already when I wish I had more than the cladding. Trails to campgrounds give the clear coat a nice scuffing. Would be nice to blow right through the brush with less concern

i was watching storm chasers the other day. the one group had a NNBS sierra done with line-x or rhino liner color matched (summit white i think), unless you where up close you really couldnt tell.

i kinda liked it.

if/when the bottom of my truck gets trashed I may get the bottom third done like alot of people have talked about. I love my bedliner.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast