GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question Technical question . . . Need help !

I'm getting ready to change some of the sensors on my 1990 1500 305 V8 and of the tasks is 1. A new "Idle Air Control Module, 2. a new "Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor" and finally, 3. a new "PVC Valve". After doing these jobs, should I leave the battery hooked up and remove the ECPM fuse in or take it out for a minute, or disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute ? I realize I'll need to take the truck out for about 50 miles for the EPCM to "relearn" the settings ? Thank you !

Jr. Mechanic

Disconnect battery for 30 seconds to a minute

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

I bought a Delphi Idle air control unit, and it came with a tough red cap over the threaded part of the sensor and over guarding the pintle, Am I correct that the Pintel come pre-set? I measured it and it's 31/32 of an inch from the flange of the unit to the top or point of the pintle itself. I don't want to screw this up by tinkering with it if it's pre-adjusted? Thank you !

I went and got another idle control module and I'll install it over the weekend, but this sure is a PITA problem !

Sounds to Me like You're throwing parts at it for some specific problem ~ lemmie guess: It ain't idling right : ?

If You've got a manifold vacuume problem so overwhelming that the IAC can't compensate AND the MAP is out-of-range You should find 'n fix THAT before anything else ~ and It could-well be a PCV problem too~! BE SURE You've got the correct PCV valve for Your specific 8th digit V.I.N. Engine application ~ I can't tell you how many engine performance AND driveability problems I've diagnosed where someone simply installed the WRONG PCV valve during a "Tune-Up", etc. ~ AFTER having confirmed there is NO External OR Internal vacuume leak affecting iduction otherwise!

Lastly ~ Gosh Yur purdy! (well, at least Your avitar is... ; ) That said: Be careful, Be SAFE ~ good-luck : ?
    "Impossible" is a degree of difficulty ~ set by imagination for lack of motivation.

Thank you, I'm pretty sure it's a vacuum leak somewhere too. I'll try using a unlit propane torch and see if I can find it. Yeah she is something else. I'd kiss the ground she walks on!

Quote Originally Posted by JTWard View Post
    I'd kiss the ground she walks on!
    Long distance lust will get you in trouble, haha.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)