GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2012 Silverado Texas Edition 2WD Help and Suggestions for Trick Out

I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab Texas Edition 2WD. It's black. I am thinking about getting a lift and new tires / wheels. I would like to get a lift and would like suggestions on size and what lift to get maker wise.. but I do not want to void my warranty.. If it's possible I would like to somehow not void it.. Any suggestions about that? Also I'm not exactly sure the exact size and style of tires such as mud tires... etc. I also am not sure exactly what style, size and color of wheels/rims would look awesome! I'm trying to trick out my truck and make it sweet on the inside and out! Such as brush guard, lights, underglow, fender flares, bed lights and anything else! I also would like to know how much it would cost to get a better alternator and/or battery because my competition subs sorta draining my battery at red lights but it always goes back up... Also my lights dim a little bit at deep bass... sometimes and I would like to possibly add lights, speakers, and a touch screen! I would also love any other suggestions and really want them! Thank you so much! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	54199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	54200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	54201

ReadyLift to level! Your truck being a 2wd would look better to "LOWER" the rear and go from there, JMHO!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Like Jimmy said, I would do a leveling kit in the front. As for wheels, with as much chrome as that truck already has, I would avoid black wheels. As for the alternator, I just bought a 145A to replace my stock 105A and it was $160, plus another $40 for a slightly larger belt.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

4. Thanks Cameron Texas Silverado thanked for this post

hmm... so yall are both suggesting a leveling kit? And thank you .. do you think that would improve my electrical capabilities some so maybe I could at least have touch screen and another amp and speakers... and maybe lights

I would get a catback dual exhaust (dual slash cut exhaust rear exit) and a chrome tailgate handle.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

7. Thanks Cameron Texas Silverado thanked for this post

I wanna get an exhaust that sounds sweet and looks good! Could you mention a specific one with maybe a link? Thanks! I searched it but there are many

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Texas Silverado View Post
    I wanna get an exhaust that sounds sweet and looks good! Could you mention a specific one with maybe a link? Thanks! I searched it but there are many
    Just go to an exhaust shop and tell them you want a catback dual exhaust. I recommend a Flowmaster 40 muffler to give you a good sound. When I had it done on my 2008, the bill was ~$420 out the door.

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler

Say no to fake chrome!

Don't worry about lifting a 2wd. Most lifted trucks never see any offroad anyways. If you are wanting a mild lift go 4" and if you are wanting to step it up over that look at 7" kits. Lifts are all on your budget. Give us an idea of what you have allocated to spend on wheels tires and lift and can help you more. Also dont for get gears if you are wanting to go bigger than 33's.

YouTube is your friend when it comes to exhaust. Just spend a few hours playing on there listening to different mufflers on your size motor.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Say no to fake chrome!

Don't worry about lifting a 2wd. Most lifted trucks never see any offroad anyways. If you are wanting a mild lift go 4" and if you are wanting to step it up over that look at 7" kits. Lifts are all on your budget. Give us an idea of what you have allocated to spend on wheels tires and lift and can help you more. Also dont for get gears if you are wanting to go bigger than 33's.

YouTube is your friend when it comes to exhaust. Just spend a few hours playing on there listening to different mufflers on your size motor.
    The majority of the chrome on his truck is fake chrome(door handles, grills, end caps), some more fake chrome is not going to make any difference.

The tires he has on his truck (275/55 R20) are already 31.91" tall, so as far as new gears, I would say 35" or taller.

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler

Thank y'all both very much! Okay I will take a look at both those kind of lifts. Right now Im not thinking of the money because I should have plenty of that for my upgrades. So within reason for the tire, wheels, and lift but not cheapo! Also these lifts will for sure void my warranty? And would I need new gears for 35" tires? Also that is the chrome that came on my truck when I bought the Texas Edition.. If it looks bad How much would it cost to get rid of it all of its worth it? Also... I will listen to exhaust and and be getting a new one real soon, Thanks! I also had a random idea of eventually a long while from now getting matte black or bed liner all on my truck... any comments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast