GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not just the size tires that would make you need to regear. My 33's weigh 76lbs each. That is a lot of unsprung weight to get moving. Trust me, with a 100 lb wheel tire combo you will want gears.

________2013 4C Rated__________

2. Thanks Cameron Texas Silverado thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    It's not just the size tires that would make you need to regear. My 33's weigh 76lbs each. That is a lot of unsprung weight to get moving. Trust me, with a 100 lb wheel tire combo you will want gears.
    Okay so how much would a regear cost?

I am running Yukon 4.11's and they were around $300 for the rear and labor was right at $500. If I had to do it over again I would have went with 4.56's to have a bit more low end grunt.

5. Thanks Cameron Texas Silverado thanked for this post

hmmm... okay thank you anyone have any opinions on an underglow.. gay or cool?

@
    Cameron Texas Silverado:
    Regarding...." is the chrome that came on my truck when I bought the Texas Edition.. If it looks bad How much would it cost to get rid of it all of its worth it?"....IMO Removed/Replace the "Chrome"....By Buying Parts that are already Painted"Color Matched"....the Door Handles and Side Mirror Caps and Front Grill Shell (Pictured Below)

***Also there are several Company's, that sell these parts on E-Bay, and other company's to Check out for these"Color Matching" parts, would be....G.M.Parts Club and G.M.Parts Direct.

Black Painted Mirror Cap,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-13-GM-P...item4858843831

***Black Painted Door handles,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-13-GM-2...920fb3&vxp=mtr

Black Grill Shell...its not the same Color that's on your Silverado, its just to show you what a Painted"Color-Matched"Grill looks like,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Chevy-S...item4ab521bde3

***On the Color Matching....
    Bottom Line, it comes down to your Budget, what you are Wanting/Looking Spend on your Silverado.

***x2 on what @ajarman has mentioned above........I would add, and that is, if you to 35in" Tall Tires, and/or change the Gears your Trucks Computer, will Need To Be Re-Programmed for this Change in Tire Size, and the reason is the following,

***When installing Tires that are Larger than Original Tires, or Installing a Ring and Pinion Gear Set with a Different Rear Gear Ratio, then what your Silverado has Now....
    .the Trucks Computer Calculates its Speed based on the Diameter of the Stock Tires. So with these changes, your Trucks computer doesn’t know how fast its going. As a result, the Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly and the Speedometer Readings will not be accurate (as required by law).

***On the....anyone have any opinions on an underglow.....not Cool on a Chevy Silverado.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 08-23-2013 at 12:38 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Texas Silverado View Post
    Thank y'all both very much! Okay I will take a look at both those kind of lifts. Right now Im not thinking of the money because I should have plenty of that for my upgrades. So within reason for the tire, wheels, and lift but not cheapo! Also these lifts will for sure void my warranty? And would I need new gears for 35" tires? Also that is the chrome that came on my truck when I bought the Texas Edition.. If it looks bad How much would it cost to get rid of it all of its worth it? Also... I will listen to exhaust and and be getting a new one real soon, Thanks! I also had a random idea of eventually a long while from now getting matte black or bed liner all on my truck... any comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Texas Silverado View Post
    hmmm... okay thank you anyone have any opinions on an underglow.. gay or cool?
    As far as a lift and warranty work, ask the dealer you are most likely to take the truck to. I have read many forums posts that some dealers won't do warranty work on a leveled truck and some don't care if the truck is leveled or not. I gather GM is leaving up the dealer to make the decision.

As far as the chrome front end on your truck, do YOU like it? You liking it is all that matters, WGAF what someone else thinks about the chrome on your truck. Me personally, I like the chrome on the LT Silverados.

Underglow IMO looks dumb, if you want to put lights under your truck, go for it. You are the person that the truck needs to please.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

OP, please see '99heartbeat truck as the perfect example of color matching and chrome coexisting on a GM full size.

10. Thanks 99'HEARTBEAT thanked for this post
    Likes 99'HEARTBEAT liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12