GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default I know why I did not choose a Nissan Titan

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/V...220366271.html

Last edited by ChevyFan; 09-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Wow! He had to hit that wall really hard! Maybe if he did not have the trailer he would have made it. I guess in that situation you have to decide if you are going to hit the brakes and attempt to stop or punch it and hope that you get a good launch.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I hope the mower is OK.

But seriously, how do yo capture something like that on camera? Why was the video-taker filming another truck on the highway while driving?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

4. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Yikes!
    I owned a 2004 Titan-nice enough truck-great motor transmission
    They did "eat" their modified Dana 44 rear ends-many failed at very low miles
    Mine was ok-but the 98 Suburban is much more useful to me-more comfortable even slightly better mpg
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Looks like it said he was going to recover from his injuries. My dad had a Titan for one year just so he could tow it behind his RV and he got a good deal on it, but he couldn't want to get rid of it.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Steve
    My Titan was ok
    but the front seat had you sitting at a funny strange angle-I had to spend time and energy shimming it up-
    and the differentials-whoooo- lotta complaints on the Titan forum
    I didn't have a problem-sold it after just 11,000 miles and 3 years ownership-(needed the $$)
    but I ended up keeping a record for the Forum- it was huge NUMBER of failures reported by forum members
    From memory it was 80 YES EIGHTY failures-several owners had MULTIPLE FAILURES reported on the forum
    I'm guessing there wasn't more than 2000 members on that forum-some joined just to complain-
    so it was horrendous failure rate!!
    FAR FAR FAR higher than GMs oil consumption problem
    and obviously-once it failed-you ground to a halt-literally GROUND to a halt!!
    The oil consumption-well PITA- but just add oil and all is well-shouldn't put you on the side of the road!!

Yeah-BIG BIG BIG screwup
    The "story" was the diff was a heavily modified-bigger diameter etc-Dana 44-should have been strong enough-despite the potent motor-380 lbs ft or so
    BUT the heat treatment of the gears-was not done right-and one of the gears failed-forget which-
    pictures of the failed gears were strange-they looked "SMEARED" off not just cracked off-sorta smeared like toothpaste
    These gears were made with some "powdered metal" process-required some tricky heat treatment

8. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I'll pull the numbers. But they don't sell many titans in the us if I remember correctly.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As of June 2013 Only 8,852... Oh Boy... JUst to make so you know the Tundra 51,565 The Avalanche 11,878

As for the big 3 Silverado 242,586 Ram 166,310 and the F-150 342,870 But the Sierra was at 87,633 The Ridgeline was at 9,020 Not bad..

But this will help them a bit..

By SEMA Editors

Nissan will offer a newly developed Cummins V8 Turbo Diesel in its next-generation Titan fullsize pickup.

The Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel has a torque rating in the mid-500s (lb.-ft.) and an output of more than 300 hp.
    Nissan has announced it will offer a newly developed Cummins V8 Turbo Diesel in its next-generation Titan fullsize pickup.
    Now in the latter stages of development and testing, the available Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engine has been optimized for the next-generation Titan as a result of the partnership between Cummins and Nissan. Cummins also is developing a version of the engine for its commercial vehicle customers.
    "We have done our homework on the next-generation Titan. Truck owners told us there's a demand for the performance and torque of a diesel in a capable truck that doesn't require the jump up to a heavy-duty commercial pickup," said Fred Diaz, divisional vice president, Nissan Sales and Marketing, Service and Parts, Nissan North America.
    Nissan has previously announced the next-generation Titan will add powertrain options and cab-and-box configurations to broaden the appeal of the new truck when it comes to market.
    With a torque rating in the mid-500s (lb.-ft.) and more than 300 hp, the Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel will provide light-truck customers the combination of towing capacity and mileage that is expected in the highly competitive North American truck marketplace.
    The Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel will be built at the Columbus Engine Plant, in Columbus, Indiana—Cummins headquarters.
    Like the current model, the next-generation Titan will be built at Nissan's Canton, Mississippi, vehicle assembly plant and its gasoline engines cast, forged and assembled at Nissan's Decherd, Tennessee, powertrain plant.
    For competitive reasons, Nissan is not announcing launch dates at this stage in the truck's development; however, engineering prototype trucks powered by the Cummins engine are currently undergoing extensive on-public-highway performance and durability testing.

08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Looks like the person who recorded the video is someone named Alex Stack. https://vine.co/v/hMLVA1emhej