GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Recommend me some nerf bars

I am running larger tires that raise my truck almost 2 inces from stock and in the near future I'm going to put a 2" leveling kit in the front, thus I'm starting to look at adding some nerf bars to my truck. I have a 2001 Silverado ECSB and I am looking for some wheel-to-wheel step bars that will put a step under the door, a step under the extended cab and a step under the bed just infront of the rear wheels. What are some good brands? I'd like to avoid cheap but don't want super expensive either. Also, I can't decide if I want all chrome or all black as my truck has a lot of 2-tone black/chrome on it. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I had smitty built on my 1995. They were chrome and I never had a rust issue with them

http://www.smittybiltdepot.com/Smitt...%2fBCN1910-S4S

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

You fit 4" taller tires without a level/lift??

Sounds like you need to look at Go Rhino's Dominator III's

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    You fit 4" taller tires without a level/lift??

Sounds like you need to look at Go Rhino's Dominator III's
    Maybe I did my math wrong. The tires are 2" taller so they would raise my truck 1" from stock.

I saw those Go Rhino Dominator IIIs in the little bit of searching I've done. I am looking for something cheaper.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Haha. Sounds much better.

Only way to get cheaper than that is used. I sold my dominator II's for cheap on another forum. Maybe check aroun on Craigslist.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Check the vendors at Traders Village, Ive found some great deals on Nerf bars and other truck parts out there.

Try to check out these brand/design options for a wheel-to-wheel side step - http://4wheelonline.com/Wheel_to_Wheel_Nerf_Bars.202901. The Go Rhino, Nfab and Tough Country are just some styles that offer a step near the truck bed. And I personally like those black powdercoated ones for a more durable finish. Hope this can help.