GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Leveling Kit

Type in Busted Ball Joints/Chevy Silverado upgrades...try craigslist too

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Will do. Thanks!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Don't you have to buy taller shocks with leveling kits?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Don't you have to buy taller shocks with leveling kits?
    Nope. Been looking at a few leveling kits for my 2008 Silverado since I have been having problems touching the bed rails with a gooseneck cattle trailer when pulling out of a steep driveway. Luckily no major damage yet but you can see a few marks on the bed rail caps. Gooseneck is extended as far as it can go and still keep the rear end of the trailer from dragging the ground and have the torsion bars on the truck cranked almost to the max which helped a lot. Usually no problems pulling out when loaded but the empty trailer gives me a fit. Most of the kits I have seen have new keys for the torsion bars and a new extended bracket to replace your lower shock bracket so you can keep your current shocks.

When i put the leveling kit on my 03,i got the full leveling kit from RC...came with shocks,rear blocks,torsion keys,u-bolts,etc. If i went with just the front leveling kit,i wouldnt of had to get the shocks...So the answer is no if you just get the front kit

the ready lift front level i came with mounted to the top of the strut, moved the whole thing down in relation to the truck, and the shock along with it, so no, it didnt need longer shocks.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sweet. Since I don't need taller shocks, it looks like I'll be installing a leveling kit a week from today. Next weekend I will be replacing my front hub/bearing assemblies so I'll go ahead and install the leveling kit I've been wanting since I'll already be down there an have everything torn apart. Both of those jobs would require an alignment so I'll do them at the same time and get one alignment.

I may need to get those nerf bars sooner than expected...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    I have the 2" Rough Country leveling kit...it was 65 bucks or so and i love it!...will not void warrenty and if you stay under 2.5" of lift with a leveling kit,you shouldnt see any early wear
    Is this the kit you have installed?

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....FSdo7Aodq20AYA

Most of the kits I keep seeing are $150 to $300 for nothing more than 2 metal rings!!

Sweet. Since I don't need taller shocks, it looks like I'll be installing a leveling kit a week from today. Next weekend I will be replacing my front hub/bearing assemblies so I'll go ahead and install the leveling kit I've been wanting since I'll already be down there an have everything torn apart. Both of those jobs would require an alignment so I'll do them at the same time and get one alignment.

I may need to get those nerf bars sooner than expected...

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the kit you have installed?

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....FSdo7Aodq20AYA

Most of the kits I keep seeing are $150 to $300 for nothing more than 2 metal rings!!
    Yup,that is the exact same kit i have installed!...very simple to do since you will have everything tore aprt already...My kit was # 1307

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Yup,that is the exact same kit i have installed!...very simple to do since you will have everything tore aprt already...My kit was # 1307
    Did you get a full two inches out of it?

Did you get a full two inches out of it?
    Yes i did...i measured before and after...you can so tell the difference now