GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Leveling Kit

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Yes i did...i measured before and after...you can so tell the difference now
    Sweet. I think I'll go ahead and order it. One last question: how do I tell if I have aluminum control arms or not. The kit comes two ways - for aluminum control arms and for non-aluminum control arms.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Yes i did...i measured before and after...you can so tell the difference now
    Lies! You tell lies. Everyone knows you can't tell the difference between a stock truck and a leveled truck.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Sweet. I think I'll go ahead and order it. One last question: how do I tell if I have aluminum control arms or not. The kit comes two ways - for aluminum control arms and for non-aluminum control arms.
    Pretty easy!...crawl under your truck and look at them...if they are nice and shiny they are aluminum...if they are black they are non-aluminum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Lies! You tell lies. Everyone knows you can't tell the difference between a stock truck and a leveled truck.
    SHHH!!!...i want people to think i have a stock height truck!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Mine are black. Pretty sure they are not aluminum then.

Yup non-aluminum....what year of truck do you have again?

2001 and 2WD

- - - Updated - - -

Wooaahh!! I was just about to click submit on my order and I realized the leveling kit I linked to is for NNBS trucks!

Looks like the only leveling kit for NBS trucks is the circular coil spacers from Daystar.

I'd be careful with those Daystar spacers McClintoc. They're not usually made of solid material. If you go off-road at all (like bumpy field roads) you'll have to watch it. If I were you I'd get a leveling kit that had new shock/strut brackets and torsion keys. Pretty sure procomp and a few others make a kit like that.
    Hotty Toddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Bowtie View Post
    I'd be careful with those Daystar spacers McClintoc. They're not usually made of solid material. If you go off-road at all (like bumpy field roads) you'll have to watch it. If I were you I'd get a leveling kit that had new shock/strut brackets and torsion keys. Pretty sure procomp and a few others make a kit like that.
    A) it seems the synthetic (non-metallic) spacers from Daystar are all that is available for my old truck.
    B) I don't think it will be too bad as I don't have 4WD nor do I do any off-roading. In this case, the leveling is almost purely for looks. They should hold up to daily driving.

Thats why i asked you what year on my last post...just to make sure!...least you caught youself before ordering...try this kit...these are made of steel also

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...FQJqMgodBzAACw

Thats why i asked you what year on my last post...just to make sure!...least you caught youself before ordering...try this kit...these are made of steel also

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...FQJqMgodBzAACw
    Thanks for the link but 2.5" is too high and I already ordered the synthetic Daystars yesterday.