GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default stuff not working...fuse?

ok so my pass window wont move, or the seat and driver seat also.... what and where to look? 03 silverado Thanks guys!!
    2004 Chevy Silverado z71, second owner

1994 Pontiac Trans Am GT, yellow, Hard top (yup its a GT):glasses:

Legend

If the passenger window does not work I would suspect the window motor. this would be with using the master and door specific operating switches. on the seats both not working I would check for fuses.

I was going to suggest looking for fusible links somewhere in the hot power line for those circuits. For the window - a corroded switch could cause it to stop working also.

My two cents. Hope you get it fixed.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

All of it stopped working at the same time

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    All of it stopped working at the same time
    so ever time you operate your vehicle you operate the seats and passenger side window ?

I would get a volt meter and start checking fuses and also the feed to the window motor when the switch is hit.

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    so ever time you operate your vehicle you operate the seats and passenger side window ?
    Family of 6...you tell me lol

it was a red fuse

Legend

a red fuse is 10amps. just would like to know the fuse name . the passenger window and the seats now work with the replacing of this red fuse is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    ok so my pass window wont move, or the seat and driver seat also.... what and where to look? 03 silverado Thanks guys!!
    Remove all fuses that say ecm there is one at side door fuse panel and I believe two under hood panel let sit for 10 minutes reinstall fuses and turn iginition on for 5 minutes do not start then turn off ,now start truck and u should be good to go

Quote Originally Posted by badss98 View Post
    Remove all fuses that say ecm there is one at side door fuse panel and I believe two under hood panel let sit for 10 minutes reinstall fuses and turn iginition on for 5 minutes do not start then turn off ,now start truck and u should be good to go
    Instead of doing that why not just disconnect the battery for ten minutes?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast