GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It looks alot better to me! Going in for alignment tomorrow.

Lets see i have the knock sensors which are goin to be replaced either tomorrow or sometime this weekend. Oxygen sensors too while I'm at it. Um transmission oil cooler project with fan. Electric fan conversion eventually.

Long term, I will have to end my affair with the truck as I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend of a year and a half probably around thanksgiving time when she comes up for that holiday. And right now also concentrated on finding a place to live here in Virginia for when she moves up here and takes all of my freedoms (and money lol).

After that, try not to go to war... But if it just so happens so be it

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Started 6 on hi mod today.... turned into 8 lol... i guess ill see how i like it later on once it gets dark!

Well i started to changee my knock sensors today and it was doomed from the get go. Don't use the self service auto shops on a military. They suck help and tool wise.

Wound up having to finish doing the work I started under the carwash about 200 yards away after me and a buddy pushed it. Got the wrong tools from the experts at oreilly's so I had to figure solutions out for making that work. Got everything broken down including having taken out the old knock sensors.

While taking the old ones out, I managed to break both very brittle connectors...so now I have to wait till tomorrow to HOPEFULLY get everything back together and start her up.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

Thats horrible. Good luck tomorrow!

Riley are you using the auto hobby shop at NS Norfolk?
    The shop over at Oceana has always been a better shop, more experience and better tools.
    Norfolk turned into a wrecking yard at one time with so many abandond vehicles.
    Think back to before you were in the Navy, how many times did you have low or no cost access to lifts and other tools they do have, sometimes even a covered secure space to work in. The tool condition and availability is influenced by previous users breaking and stealing the tools, happens alot in auto hobby shops.

Yeah i was using it. Now I have to buy a wiring harness or the connectors for the knock sensors and once those go on, I'll be bolting everything back together and hoping she runs normal. In a bind with money from all of this.

Current:
    Future:

8. Likes makeutap liked this post

Sorry to hear that, I hate when something that should be a straight forward job turns into a drawn out painful sxxt storm.

So I just basically said scrxw it and had it towed off to a local shop. The way my luck was this week, I probably woulda had a vacuum leak. But anyway, the injectors look good still, no rust on them and all perfect circles.

Current:
    Future:

coulda called me man.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

12. Likes rileyjr16 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast