GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Pikey, that lean-to looks great, especially for re-purposed materials.

This weekend is a big one for me, as I am moving to Richmond, VA. Having doing nothing but packing last weekend and getting my Silverado ready for the trip. Took the big heavy rims off and put small little stockers back on. But my caravan leaves on Sunday.
    Last edited by Steve; 09-05-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Good luck with yor move and in Richmond.
    As much as I liked living near the ocean while I was in Virginia, there were many things about the state of Virginia I hated, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    Pikey that lean to looks great, especially for re-purposed materials.

This weekend is a big one for me, as I am moving to Richmond, VA. Having doing nothing but packing last weekend and getting my Silverado ready for the trip. Took the big heavy rims off and put small little stockers back on. But my caravan leaves on Sunday.
    Good luck with your move. I've only made major moves a few times in my adult life, it's an experience to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Good luck with yor move and in Richmond.
    As much as I liked living near the ocean while I was in Virginia, there were many things about the state of Virginia I hated, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Good luck with your move. I've only made major moves a few times in my adult life, it's an experience to say the least.
    Thanks guys, I am finding out I have more stuff than I thought. I am not familiar with VA, but I visited Richmond/Glen Allen to look for living arrangements so it seems like a nice location. But I'll have a week off work to move and settle in.

TB, I am interested to know, what were things that you didn't care for up there?
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Mostly the fact that the state and each city have a tax for almost everything you own, in addition to state vehicle license they have a city vehicle sticket/tax. My non-motorized canoe had to have both state and city tax stamps to be paddled around. No operating vehicles in my garage, that were licensed in another state were required to have city/state tax stamps to be parked in my garage. When I first moved to Va. In the mid 90's they had a property tax on household goods, I was expected to pay a percentage tax on household goods. When I transfered overseas I stored some goods in a storage facility and was expected to pay the same tax while they were stored and I was serving overseas. I attempted to fight and had most of the tax waived due to federal laws making it illegal to tax non resident military members, unfortunately my wife wasnt considered non resident military and was forced to pay tax on anything in her name or that reciepts showed she bought. The tax was not a onetime issue, it was a recurring annual and was in addition to state wage tax.
    Non military residents get screwed by the tax assessor in a Common Wealth State.
    I still own a home in Va. Bch. I havent sold it yet mostly because I refuse to share the profits with that states govt. Now that Im retired I cant waive the tax as a military member. Best case scenario is the house burns down or wash's away and I wont be forced to pay them 48% tax not on the profit but the whole sale proceeds. Insurance claim would fall under different rules as long as the proceeds were used to buy or upgrade another home.

Interior and exterior detail today. 5 hours ugh

Too many to list lol...

1. would like to get the truck running 100%. Have a small oil leal and smell gas from when I replace the fuel pump or I might just be paranoid.
    2. get bike running for one last trip to the track before winter. Shimmed valves back in April and she ran fine, but would start when I got to the track.
    3. Try to plant grass seed for next spring. I hate my dirt yard, but my dogs love it.
    -K&N Air Filter

Yesterday, I bought somes new inner tubes, a new seat and same chain grease. This weekend I am going to refurbish my bicycle and get to riding it again. It's a 26" 21-speed that is around 10 years old. Just needs a little bit of work and should be good to go.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I got about half of my list done this far.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234