GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Been Awhile ~ since I've been on here.

So it's been a few months since I have been on here. Been busy with school, work, and my side business (BBQ catering). It was a treacherous month while the dealer I bought the truck from did the "dealer swap" which I have swore I will never ever ever do again. But my patience paid off. I love my truck, a little less than my wife, but just a little. Here is the run down on the specs:

2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab, LTZ, 8ft Bed
    6.0 Liter Gas
    Leather Interior
    Aftermarket Navigation (Advent)
    Off-Road Package, Z71

Mods that I have done (you can see some below), I put some runners on her, and a Bedrug in the back (if you don't have one, I highly suggest it). I did put some rail caps on her as well but I didn't take any photos of them. Got a folding tonneau cover from the father-in-law who has a GMC Duelly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creek.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	54336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Liner.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	54337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Runners.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	54338

Legend

Blog Entries

Nice looking truck!!! Congrats on getting it!

....And nice color scheme as well

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Nice. Let's not be a stranger son. Lol.
    Last edited by Steve; 10-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

What are you referring to "dealer swap"? Trade in your old truck? Looks good though. How much are those bed rugs around?
    Chuckie!!!

Bbq catering? I think I knew that but since I'm hungry now I took note.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

[QUOTE=BurbanMan;585706]What are you referring to "dealer swap"? Trade in your old truck? Looks good though. How much are those bed rugs around?[/QUOTE

I have found with GM, 9 times out of 10, the dealer never has the truck you want on the lot. So instead they call around to "partner" dealers and will say "hey I got a customer that wants what you have, I'll give you one of my trucks for that one".

However, this usually happens AFTER you sign all the paperwork. So as you can see, you could pay for a truck, that the dealer doesn't have, and there is always a chance the dealership can say no.

It just so happened my truck was being asked about by 4 other dealers. So the dealership that had it decided to have a bid war within the dealerships. Obviously my dealership won, but ended up paying 500 bucks over the invoice for it. They didn't pass that onto me, but yea, it's quite an experience.

[QUOTE=chevyson;588934]
    Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    What are you referring to "dealer swap"? Trade in your old truck? Looks good though. How much are those bed rugs around?[/QUOTE

I have found with GM, 9 times out of 10, the dealer never has the truck you want on the lot. So instead they call around to "partner" dealers and will say "hey I got a customer that wants what you have, I'll give you one of my trucks for that one".

However, this usually happens AFTER you sign all the paperwork. So as you can see, you could pay for a truck, that the dealer doesn't have, and there is always a chance the dealership can say no.

It just so happened my truck was being asked about by 4 other dealers. So the dealership that had it decided to have a bid war within the dealerships. Obviously my dealership won, but ended up paying 500 bucks over the invoice for it. They didn't pass that onto me, but yea, it's quite an experience.
    I have done the dealer swap twice. Both times it went smoothly. The only thing that made me upset was that the dealer was 100 miles away from my dealer. So they drove the vehicle over. I would have rather put the first 100 miles on my new truck, so I would have driven to pick it up. Plus, I know a few of guys that do the transports from one dealer to another. They tell me that they usually beat the crap out of the vehicle on the ride between dealers. From now on I will jut try to find they dealer that they are locating the truck at and go buy it from them. That is how we bought my wife's minivan. All the dealers within 120 miles of my home had fully loaded versions, which we did not want. So, we drove almost 200 miles to get it. I did all my negotiating over emails (I had the window sticker emailed to me), I contacted dealers up to 350 miles away and tried to negotiate the lowest price and highest trade in on my wife's torrent as I could. I ended up being able to use other dealers offers and prices to my advantage. It turns out that three of them were quoting me the same van I wanted by doing a dealer swap (again, had them all email window stickers to me and some were quoting the same vin) In the end, I drove my wife's torrent to the dealer, checked out the new vehicle, she signed some papers and we were out of there in a new van within an hour. I ended up getting $1500 more for the trade in than anyone else would give me and the lowest price on the van.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)