GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Got a update for everybody...went to my moms tonight and it was around 24 miles there and I averaged 18.9 mpg with highway and a little city driving...throttle response seems to be better since it is not always switching from V8 to V4 all the time...truck sounds better going down highway with the exhaust!...will give an update when I get home from my moms house

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Well on the way home i got 19.6 mpg...btw it isnt all flat ground either

Respectible numbers there! I have had only E85 in my pickup since mid June, and am averaging 14 mpg combination gravel roads, two lane roads, rolling Iowa hills, and in town. When the price differential moves to where it is more cost effective to use regular again, I will have to track the difference. Right now, I have to look at the lower mpg with E85, but am comforted when everything plays out as it is that it is costing me 3-4 cents a mile less to run E85 right now.
    Hey there, VA, what do ya' say? How many vets did you kill today?

Stchman are your figures all from the DIC or are you doing them with pen and paper?
    The reason I ask is Ive found from experience numbers on the DIC are unreliable as they swing both high and low but never end with a true number.

Mine are all from the DIC...but to be honest those numbers i have giving are higher than ive always seen taking that same road...it looks promisng...i just love the way it handles with AFM off...feels like a "normal" truck now!

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

TBPLUS has a good point
    Our Prius onboard mpg-always is 2-3mpg TOO OPTIMIMISTIC
    Claims 44mpg for the tank-when filling it and dividing gives 41mpg
    Ours -Toyota -ALWAYS lies in the same direction-making our MPG look better than it really is
    That can't be a coincidence-good mpg-but a 5% lie every time.

In any case your mpg seems about the same right Chevyboy??
    The wiki article said the AFM IMPROVES MPG 5-7% about 1-1.5 mpg-might be hard to measure any difference even if it does drop-.

and 1 mpg-choice between excess oil consumption-and 1 mpg-if it actually works-shutting off AFM-and the oil consumption stops-well 1 mpg not too much
    But you haven't really tested your truck for oil consumption after that fix,right?
    So if consumption is less it could be GM's fix?
    Maybe do 3 tanks AFM off- 3 tanks AFM on?
    Maybe 1000 miles both ways??
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Sorry for highjacking your thread with the Dodge stuff Stchman, Ive created a new thread for that discussion in the coffee shop.

Il keep driving and see what i get...even if it helps/doesnt i like AFM off...feels liike a truck again

Yeah, my main goal with disabling AFM was preventing problems associated with that stuff, and eliminating any lag issues when switching between V4 and V8. I paid for a V8, and that is what I want, all the time, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpie View Post
    Yeah, my main goal with disabling AFM was preventing problems associated with that stuff, and eliminating any lag issues when switching between V4 and V8. I paid for a V8, and that is what I want, all the time, every time.
    EXACTLY WHY I DISABLED IT!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by