GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Thoughts on Truck Nuts.

I personally think they're dumb looking, but if someone wants to put a set on their truck, go for it.

Now, it appears that some politicians in certain states want to make "Truck Nuts" illegal calling them "vulgar and immoral". Seriously, why don't politicians spend more time on fixing REAL problems instead fixing something that is not even a problem.

With that being said, I think I'm going to go out and buy me a set of Truck Nuts and proudly display them. Stupid politicians using my tax dollars to do stupid crap.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I find them distasteful. I mean they look like an anatomically correct scrotum. Be creative! In 95 after I lifted my 95, I had bought 2 small ball and chain Halloween props. I had those hanging from my hitch for a month or 2. That being said, I WAS 16. Not a 30-60 some year old driving around with testicles hanging off of their truck. I hate when I see a beautiful truck that looks well done, the guy or girl spend tons of time and money to make it look awesome. It drives passed you and you see a pair of chrome nuts hanging form the back. Sweet! nice job making your $65,000 truck look like junk. That is like putting a set of white wagon wheel rims on your 2013 with brand new 35's on them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

4. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

We've had several of these discussions over the years.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...nd-truck-nutz/

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I find them distasteful. I mean they look like an anatomically correct scrotum. Be creative! In 95 after I lifted my 95, I had bought 2 small ball and chain Halloween props. I had those hanging from my hitch for a month or 2. That being said, I WAS 16. Not a 30-60 some year old driving around with testicles hanging off of their truck.
    As I said in my original post, I think they are dumb.

I find it FAR more distasteful that local politicians feel the need to concern themselves with such a trivial thing instead of focusing their attention on actual problems. I'm sure there are FAR more pressing matters than "truck nuts".

The only reason I consider them is just to flip off the idiot politicians and tell them to do their actual job instead of putting on a front of "we did something".

7. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Oh, I don't think that they should be banned. To each his own. I just think that they "garbage up" the truck, just like these things http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Flow-Fen.../dp/B00AFOPOHU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	968381159_260.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	54693
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 09-02-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Oh, I don't think that they should be banned. To each his own. I just think that they "garbage up" the truck, just like these things http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Flow-Fen.../dp/B00AFOPOHU
    What, you don't want a bunch of ports on your truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What, you don't want a bunch of ports on your truck?
    No thanks! I'm good! All that chrome from the ports might look good on @stchman truck! I have seen these. I would consider one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mons...00%3B934%3B600

Name:	IMG_1855_convert_20100603115146.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	54694
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 09-02-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: example image added

11. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    Master Mechanic

I personally like the prop one or the claymore hitch covers rather than the "truck nuts"

Name:	CR-402_1000.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	54695
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 09-02-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added prop image
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

No thanks! I'm good! All that chrome from the ports might look good on @stchman truck!
    Those fake air vents are more for Cadillac and Buick.

14. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Truck nuts and fake air vents are played out and annoying. However, they are absolutely NOT something politicians should be wasting their time and our money on trying to outlaw. Just because something might be offensive to a few people does not mean it needs to be banned. There is absolutely no way you can please everyone all the time.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

16. Likes MoBillyAla, ChevyFan liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by