GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New T/As

Default New T/As

Help!
    Anyone out there have any experience with the new BFGoodrich - Long Trail T/A Tour? I'm looking for an OE replacement (P235/75R15/XL) highway tire for the old Burb.
    Are we having fun, yet?

BFG Long trails are not that bad of a tire and are relatively cheap. however, for your burb i would suggest goodyear wrangler silent armor. they are not to expensive and are great in snow, rain, and normal driving conditions. they are not to bad of an offroad tire either
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

As a matter of fact I've had a test set on my dually for about 9 months. P235/70R16XL, they were given to me by a good friend and BFG rep to do a long term towing test with. I cant complain about the wear, I've got 42k on them and they look real good still, they've gotten a little noisy at 60mph+ over the last few thousand miles. I havent put any miles to speak of off road on them but on road they've been great in every type weather you can think of. MPG actually went up 2 mpg with these tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete95Sierra View Post
    BFG Long trails are not that bad of a tire and are relatively cheap. however, for your burb i would suggest goodyear wrangler silent armor. they are not to expensive and are great in snow, rain, and normal driving conditions. they are not to bad of an offroad tire either
    the bad thing about goodyears tho is depending on how much you drive on them, if your vehicle sits outside when its not driven and a number of other things good year tires tend to harden up giving you a "like mudder" ride to your vehicle as its been described to me by my customers, now some people really love goodyears and would buy nothing else, which is great they do preform well from what i have heard, i have never been a goodyear fan and as a saleman at work if someone wants a set of silent armors i tell them its one of the best tires we have, as a customer i wouldnt recommend them, for around the same price you can get a set of bfgs or michelins which i would highly recommend over the goodyears, if your looking for an aggressive AT tire then the bfg t/a KOs or the michelin AT2s are what i would suggest. or if your one of those people that doesnt mind a little big more of a rough ride then the dominator sport AT LTs would probably be good, people have gotten 50k+ miles out of them
    Last edited by sheep; 06-13-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    MPG actually went up 2 mpg with these tires.
    Thanks, tbplus10. With the escalating price of gas, those are welcome words. I'm after a smooth running, mostly dry weather, responsive highway tire. The only off-pavement I anticipate is my own smooth gravel driveway, so I'm not interested in an aggressive tread.
    Are we having fun, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Thanks, tbplus10. With the escalating price of gas, those are welcome words. I'm after a smooth running, mostly dry weather, responsive highway tire. The only off-pavement I anticipate is my own smooth gravel driveway, so I'm not interested in an aggressive tread.

then the best tire i can think of is the michelin LTX MSs :D

I replaced my Michelin with the long trails and really like them. By the look of them after a year and a half they'll out last the truck. They are 265/75R 16.
    2000 4x4 Ext. cab 5.3 Z71
    2009 Corolla

i have heard good and bad about the long trails, the way you drive, if your rotate them when there suppose to be and tire pressure checked regularly, and of coarse what vehicle you put them on has alot to do with it, then those should be alright bfg is a better brand since they are owned by michelin

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    then the best tire i can think of is the michelin LTX MSs :D
    The Michelin LTX MSs have a good reputation; however, at my tire store, the LTX MSs are $112 more (per set installed) than the Long Trail T/A Tours. Would I really be $112 happier with the MSs in usually dry southern Calif.?... I don't think so. Remember, this is an old Burb, not an Escalade. Thanks for your opinion, sheep.
    Are we having fun, yet?

well like i said bfg is a good brand also so you would probably be happy with the long trails, even in the not so usual wet times of socal, let us know how they ride i like to take into account everyones opinion when im talking about a tire at work and the long trails arent a real common tire we sell