GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Engineer

Default decent price for a 2005 2500hd ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...d60#vi-content

guys, i found this 2005 silverado 2500hd 2 wheel drive truck online and was wondering what you guys thought about the price ? asking 12k, has 6.0 motor, leather interior, and only 79k miles.
    how are the 6.0 motors ? dependable ? how will the gas mileage be ?
    i need something dependable and really would like a 4x4..... but this looks tempting..
    thanks for any help you can provide.

Legend

what about the specific pkg it has ? 4 dr / ext cab / wheels / any other added equipment ?

these vehicles do have a wide range of prices. in farm country they are most expensive / with more demand.

retail sales price would be about 12,000. with 4X4 14,000 .

private sale should be able to work around 10,000 area.

mpg would be 16 . 6 L engine is good with 2wd plenty of power for tow/haul.

with this being in a warm climate be careful that the coolant system has the proper amount of dexcool . if the coolant looks dark/ also a gray color chances are the corrosion is eating away the engine metal and this would be a expensive fix. the water used should not be tap water especially in florida. if non distilled water was used this is very damaging.

Jr. Engineer

thanks for the input j-cat. i searched and see that engine has 300hp. should be plenty of power, especially since all i every haul is a 14ft aluminum jon boat.
    i will think about it this week and see if i decide on purchasing it.

Legend

I hope your planning on using a 2500 for more than hauling a 14 ft alum boat. 16 MPG would be the max .

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    I hope your planning on using a 2500 for more than hauling a 14 ft alum boat. 16 MPG would be the max .
    not really, i just like the look of the truck and the price. im use to 14mpg in my 1990 k1500, so if it gets that it wouldnt bother me..
    thanks man

jcat, I am glad you clarified that mpg. 16 would be on the highway, bare bones empty, 60-65 mph. I have owned two, and they are pigs, in my opinion (owners of 6.0's, no offense meant). RATROD, for the money you are talking about, you can find a very nice 4x4 1500 with a good 5.3 that will pull that boat easily, and more, and get 20+ on the highway. The motor will go 300K if taken care of.Jim
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    jcat, I am glad you clarified that mpg. 16 would be on the highway, bare bones empty, 60-65 mph. I have owned two, and they are pigs, in my opinion (owners of 6.0's, no offense meant). RATROD, for the money you are talking about, you can find a very nice 4x4 1500 with a good 5.3 that will pull that boat easily, and more, and get 20+ on the highway. The motor will go 300K if taken care of.Jim
    thanks for the input jim. yea, i did some research and found the 2500hd estimates out at 10mpg city and 12 highway. OUCH... its a tough looking truck and i think a great price, but i have no real need for a 3/4 ton truck, so i will keep looking i think.
    thanks again both of you for your input.