GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Coupon Codes for Online Parts Orders

Do any of you buy your parts online and pick them up in the store? I have seen guys in the store on their smart phone order a part online and save some major cash. I have a bad front wheel hub, I was able to get a moog replacement for $127 tax included on a major auto parts site. I just have to drive up to the store and pick it up. Saved me $50! I will not say the store, because last time I did that someone decided that I was advertising and gave me negative rep. PM me for the info

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I just replaced my two front hubs this past weekend with Moogs that I bought on-line. However, I have never purchased anything on-line then picked it up at a local store.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I have been buying online and picking up in store a lot over the last year. Why not, If I save $50 like I did today. I saved $20 on my third brake light led assembly. I don't know why anyone would go to the store and pay full price.

I have done this a bunch over the last year, especially since one of the major auto stores gives gigantic discounts.
    However, the only problem I've had is with returns / exchanges. This particular auto store (Adv.... Auto) has NO idea how to process exchanges or returns. They tried to charge me the difference between the discounted price I paid and the full price when I exchanged some shocks that went bad. Then they had to refund my original card and charge me for the new ones.
    It was a hassle.
    Now I try to order from Roc* Auto as much as I can. Even with shipping the prices usually beat everyone else by a wide margin.
    Current Rides: |99 Chevy Suburban- the family truckster |93 Lincoln Town Car- 250K miles & still churning -now a fan of the Panther platform |95 BMW 325is coupe- Wheeee!
    Former GM cars: |78 Suburban 454 |71 Buick Electra 225 (deuce & a quarter) |75 Monte Carlo- 400SB- heaviest doors GM every made |70 Impala coupe- my 1st car

I have done multiple returns or exchanges with Advanced after buying online and never have had an issue. Actually, a few times they have refunded me the full price rather than the discounted price that I have paid. I always pay with paypal with them. As soon as they do the transaction I get an email from paypal saying that I have been credited

I was shopping today for a cap and rotor. For AC Delco parts, it was going to be about $65+tax in the store. I can get both online together in a set for $45, no tax, and free shipping. I like to patronize local stores, but won't in this case.

Ive never thought about ordering online...since i live like 2 miles away from Napa

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

I never tried it. Will have to look into it now. Gonna do a tune up on the alero. If your a AAA member, you get a discount at NAPA. Ive never used it since I dont live by one.
    -K&N Air Filter

My local and usual auto parts store offers a good discount for parts ordered online and picked up at the store.
    The store manager has started offering the same discount if I order the part at the counter after watching me stand in the store and order parts on my smart phone then step up to the counter a minute later for pickup.
    Sometimes a great discount is all in the relationship you cultivate with store clerks or management.