GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Heck-that is COOL!!
    There was a TV show-late 1950's-early 1960's called WHITE HUNTER.
    Set in Africa-guess it was actually filmed in California with stock Africa footage
    In it the hero-played By Rhodes Reason- drove a LAND ROVER!!
    Yeah it was cool
    He used to end or start?the show saying White Hunter with Rhodes Reason!!

Yeah loved that Land Rover because it was in that show-and the nature show-Wild Kingdom?? that was always going to Africa-catching Rhinos etc-usually in a land Rover!!
    Maybe tagging them-giving them shots-or getting them for Zoos
    Cool Truck- with World's Coolest Name "LAND ROVER"
    Guess its electrics are so simple the lucas electrics can be upgraded easily ??GM alternator-sure beats Lucas Prince of Darkness!!
    COOL!!
    Probably could put an old GM straight 6 in it if it came to it.
    I love seeing them in movies and stuff (the old ones and their predecessors the Defenders). Another classic (well not sure how classic) is The Gods Must Be Crazy. I always point them out to the wife when they are in stuff.

Yeah the electrics are basic. Think it only had like 4 fuses. We put a lot more in when we re-wired the whole thing. Switching the generator to an alternator (62 Nova alternator i believe) wasn't hard just had to fab some brackets. The carburetor is from an early 60's gm inline 6 truck. Also would take one from a tempest in that range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    Nice project. Keep it going. I hope to one day do an older Chevy, but that will have to wait until I am a little older, lol
    Ha projects are fun when you have time and money. Unfortunately I typically have neither.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

That project looks incredible! Seriously, that looks like a lot of fun.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That project looks incredible! Seriously, that looks like a lot of fun.
    Fun and frustrating. It's done too much sitting and needs a lot more work. Time and money aren't there but what's new.

I finally replaced aced the master cylinder but I'm still not building pressure. I'm getting it at the master as there was plenty when I bled that. But I can pump for days and nothing. I know I need to replace the wheel cylinders and maybe one is leaking. I didn't see any fluid at the bleed screws but they may be leaking inside the drum at this point. The rubber lines could be expanding too. My plan was to do the brakes and suspension stuff next summer but that means it sits for 8 months again. At least I can get it running every now and then to move all the other fluids around
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12