GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default Sirius message keeps appearing on my instrument cluster; need to get rid of

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Sirius/XM advertisement that keeps appearing on my DIC? I don't have an OEM radio, I've completely disconnected the XM box behind the glove box, and I did a "restore to factory defaults" for the DIC. Nothing has worked so far. This message keeps appearing when I first start my truck and then about every 5 to 10 minutes as I'm driving.

Last edited by mfleetwood; 09-06-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

its a government controlled medium earth orbit satellite with the down-link maintained through on-star... which has the ability to shut off your truck at any moment... so no, there is no way to control that
    lol
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

3. Thanks mfleetwood thanked for this post
    Legend

Blog Entries

Bastards!!!!!

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

Blog Entries

All of these audio experts we have on this site and no one knows how to get rid of Sirius/XM messaging?

After disconnection my battery for a few minutes, I got the message down to only appearing once (the message has changed to "no signal reception" or something of that nature), and that is when I first start my truck. It's definitely better than appearing every few minutes as I'm driving but would like this message to completely go away from my DIC, as it forces me to acknowledge the message before normal information appears.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIRES:

You might want to try hooking the XM receiver back up. It looks to me like there's something in the vehicle that's calling on the radio to tune to the preview channel. Having the tuner there might at least give it enough sense to keep it from coming up again by replying that the tuner can't talk to the radio or such. If it doesn't work, it can be pretty easily pulled back out.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

i had the same problem asfter switching out my radio and mine use to come on all the time now it seems like it never come on that or im just use ot it and never notice it a.nymore

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Seriously? I pay for SiriusXM on my 2013, but you're telling me that if I cancel it, something in the DIC will prompt me to buy it?

It has to be the trucks only, my girlfriend has a 2013 Malibu and let the free trial of Sirius cancel. She has no messages on the Malibu DIC trying to get her to buy.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Seriously? I pay for SiriusXM on my 2013, but you're telling me that if I cancel it, something in the DIC will prompt me to buy it?

It has to be the trucks only, my girlfriend has a 2013 Malibu and let the free trial of Sirius cancel. She has no messages on the Malibu DIC trying to get her to buy.
    No that's not what we are saying we got aftermarket stereos and I never put in the xm antenna since it was an extra hundred and I don't use it. Now my xm code or what ever it is when u try to buy it shows up on my dlc

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |

Chevy Ridin' High

Quote Originally Posted by Burden33 View Post
    No that's not what we are saying we got aftermarket stereos and I never put in the xm antenna since it was an extra hundred and I don't use it. Now my xm code or what ever it is when u try to buy it shows up on my dlc
    Anyone have a pic of what is happening.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

i can have pics up tomorrow after i get off night shift

Chevy Ridin' High

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast