GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    You might want to try hooking the XM receiver back up. It looks to me like there's something in the vehicle that's calling on the radio to tune to the preview channel. Having the tuner there might at least give it enough sense to keep it from coming up again by replying that the tuner can't talk to the radio or such. If it doesn't work, it can be pretty easily pulled back out.
    Yeah, I tried tying it back in and then the other message re-appears telling me to call to subscribe and flashes the preview info. Based on the posts below and all I've tried, I guess it's something permanently programmed in the DIC and I'll just have to live with it. Yuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Anyone have a pic of what is happening.
    A pic is on the very first post of this thread.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by K15 Blazer Guy View Post
    its a government controlled medium earth orbit satellite with the down-link maintained through on-star... which has the ability to shut off your truck at any moment... so no, there is no way to control that
    lol
    Maybe since the govt "shut down" today maybe the message will go away

ok on a serious note I am of no help. Sorry
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

3. Likes 08_rado_rocker liked this post

out of curiosity @mfleetwood ... what kind of aftermarket head unit do you have? I have never seen this before and have had 3-4 different stereos in my truck both with and without the xm plugged in. Currently I have a Pioneer touch screen 6disc with active xm subscription.

...and the pic isn't showing on the first post btw. (on my end at least)

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Legend

Blog Entries

It's a Kenwood DNX 6180; however, that's really not relevant, as the factory satellite tuner does not tie into my after market receiver at all. This whole thing first started earlier this when Sirius started running a "come back" promo with 3 free months of a free subscription and they started transmitting the promo out to people who did not have a satellite radio subscription any longer. I think because I have the DIC (not sure if you do or not) in addition to having satellite information be seen on the head unit, it also comes through the DIC info display. I called Sirius and they said they would stop transmitting the signal to my OEM satellite tuner (I provided to the my tuner ID) but that did not help; thus I finally totally disconnected it, so now my DIC says "no signal reception" or something of that nature.

Maybe this only happens to vehicles that have the DIC as it looks like @Burden33 has the DIC as well?

Odd about the pic not showing in the first post for you. I still see it. Can someone else please let me know if you see a pic in post 1 or not? Thanks!

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    It's a Kenwood DNX 6180; however, that's really not relevant, as the factory satellite tuner does not tie into my after market receiver at all. This whole thing first started earlier this when Sirius started running a "come back" promo with 3 free months of a free subscription and they started transmitting the promo out to people who did not have a satellite radio subscription any longer. I think because I have the DIC (not sure if you do or not) in addition to having satellite information be seen on the head unit, it also comes through the DIC info display. I called Sirius and they said they would stop transmitting the signal to my OEM satellite tuner (I provided to the my tuner ID) but that did not help; thus I finally totally disconnected it, so now my DIC says "no signal reception" or something of that nature.

Maybe this only happens to vehicles that have the DIC as it looks like @Burden33 has the DIC as well?

Odd about the pic not showing in the first post for you. I still see it. Can someone else please let me know if you see a pic in post 1 or not? Thanks!
    iye si do have it and after talking to a couple of buddies of mine who i installed there stereos for seems like they got it coming up to. pic aint working at all btw. @mfleetwood

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burden33 View Post
    iye si do have it and after talking to a couple of buddies of mine who i installed there stereos for seems like they got it coming up to. pic aint working at all btw. @mfleetwood
    Thanks for the additional info @Burden33 !

Also, I recopied the pic into my first post and pasted in this post as well as the link. Can someone let me know if it appears yet? Thanks!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...chmentid=54862

TIRES:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12